stream API battery

reddogbrewing

Premium Member
Reaction score
it expects voltage. My DIY tilt hydrometer converts its voltage ADC to percentage based on empirical experiments and calculations that are specific to my device.
Where is it documented (or can you just tell) what the voltage range is so I can convert back and it'll be displayed correctly?

Thanks!

huh?

pretty sure that the interface for hydrometers just displays the SG or plato the device measures. convert your device to SG and just upload it.

it expects voltage. My DIY tilt hydrometer converts its voltage ADC to percentage based on empirical experiments and calculations that are specific to my device.
Where is it documented (or can you just tell) what the voltage range is so I can convert back and it'll be displayed correctly?

Thanks!
Technically, you are correct: the sensor will deliver a voltage. But, what that voltage is, or even what device the sensor is, isn't published. You might wish to ask the Tilt people and see what they say. Since mine works just fine, I'm unwilling to disassemble it just to see what devices they use.

Edit: Oh, I missed the home-made bit.

A tilt is calibrated in known sugar solutions and water. Whatever voltage your sensor delivers in pure water at 68° Fahrenheit is considered 1.000. You can then make up sugar solutions of about 1.04 and 1.08 specific gravity and, knowing the voltage your sensor puts out in those solutions at the right temperature, you can then find your three calibration points. The tilt website explains how to calibrate the device.

Back