Strange leftover material after boiling

Mastoras007

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Brew day today, after boiling those things was stucked to my kettle bottom, it's look like eggs,
Any idea what is this and why appear??

IMG_20240423_150026.jpg
IMG_20240423_150038.jpg
IMG_20240423_150051.jpg
IMG_20240423_150104.jpg

lots of a protiens and other material after the boil. I wouldnt worry about it.

to me that looks like hydrated finings that clumped up. Do you add Whirlfloc or something similar? if so that could be some that clumped and hydrated. Its very sticky.

to me that looks like hydrated finings that clumped up. Do you add Whirlfloc or something similar? if so that could be some that clumped and hydrated. Its very sticky.
I add a little Irish mosh

There weren't any silica gel packets in anything you dumped into the kettle? I've used Irish Moss forever and never got anything like that; it just bends in like anything g else in the hop sludge.

There weren't any silica gel packets in anything you dumped into the kettle? I've used Irish Moss forever and never got anything like that; it just bends in like anything g else in the hop sludge.
No, or not something i notice,i use grain hoops and a litle irish moss nothing else...
Beer taste ok until now (day 4), have a taste of alcohol, i thing this is normal at this point?(??)

I've had Irish Moss look like that when added and not putting a stir on it the pot.

Back