Stone Brewing released the recipe for their pale ale

Copied, Ozark. Thanks for transcribing. I may give this one a try, although I don't see why you'd need 8 gallons of wort for a 90 minute boil - I generally get by with 7.

welcome, that amount is for my system and should be changed according to your own, the bigger the pot and more aggressive the boil the more evaporation...I just added a label I found online, hope this helps

by the way, Ive used that yeast and it's very clumpy and strange when making a starter, but don't worry it works perfectly, especially in cold temperatures around 62 and will drop to the bottom and compact like nothing Ive ever used

I've used WLP005 a time or two, comes out of the vial and the starter looking like light brown cottage cheese. On the stir plate, egg drop soup comes to mind. These yeasts are highly flocculant so if using them, give them the best possible starting conditions (temperature, pitch rate, oxygenation) to let them do their job quickly before they drop out and form a layer of yeasty concrete on the bottom of the fermentor.

I've had a lot of experience with WLP007 and have to agree, good/big starter and keep 'er cool. Anything over 15°produced way too many esters for me...and definitely too many for the Stone Pale Ale!

That's a good looking amber ale as well, copied yet again!

Back