Stikks Vanilla Cream Ale

7% isn't too bad. Give it time. If it is still hot dry hop it with some of those cascade and call it an IPA. On the up side the keg will last longer:D

7% isn't too bad. Give it time. If it is still hot dry hop it with some of those cascade and call it an IPA. On the up side the keg will last longer:D
Yep I was thinking the same thing head first the dry hop thing to over power that vodka mmm but what about me vanilla flavour. I was thinking some more sazz since that was me flavouring and aroma hop? I'll keg it this arvo give it two weeks pull a pint taste and then go from there. Hay the missus actually liked the test tube sample I pulled said she could smell the vanilla but I don't think I'll get her to drink it:D

Oki doki then there is pic I think this beer is a clear standout in beers I have brewed so far and all respect to stikks for leaving behind such a detailed brew recipe for us all to copy and brew cheers mate!

Ok OG was 1.064 higher then recipe I had awesome efficiency on brew day love it !
I put in 4 pods secondary ( rest fermentation after primary) . Vanilla pods from Papua new gunie spelling sucks!

Brewers friend log notes 20days - 84% attenuation from me old mate wlp090 sandiego super yeast! Yep it's super! Og was 1.064 FG was 1.010 how good is that :D. Great yeast clean fermentation but tight temps 18-20 period that's white labs specks anyhow.

Tasting notes aroma vanilla beautiful on the nose even missus was approving! Nice full mouth feel that is sweet full bodied warm from alcohol then dries to a crisp Finnish leaving a subtle vodka taste with lingering sweetness.
I. Drinking my second ATM and as far as my sensory perception is going it's growing on me sip by sip. As glass warms the flavours increase no harshness or bitterness notes all alcohol sweetness and vanilla aromas. Now the cascade and sazz may be there mixed with vanilla all I'm getting is vanilla. But lovely full mouth feel,on every swig! :p

Last points head on pour from keg is tight thick clean white no tan colours this lessens to a smearing across the top upon sitting but when re swilled will provide a small head once again.

Anyone doubting a cream ale try Stikks recipe it won't let you down mash mid range don't go thin on this accounting for the vodka I'm sure the lady's would love this it is easy drinking and aromatic a sure crowd pleaser. Let me know your takes on this brew! I've never done adjuncts but this mash smashed em I'm Aussie so wouldn't have a clue about pre proabition beer but I'm in on the cream ale thing cheers!;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: GPA
Oki doki then there is pic I think this beer is a clear standout in beers I have brewed so far and all respect to stikks for leaving behind such a detailed brew recipe for us all to copy and brew cheers mate!

Ok OG was 1.064 higher then recipe I had awesome efficiency on brew day love it !
I put in 4 pods secondary ( rest fermentation after primary) . Vanilla pods from Papua new gunie spelling sucks!

Brewers friend log notes 20days - 84% attenuation from me old mate wlp090 sandiego super yeast! Yep it's super! Og was 1.064 FG was 1.010 how good is that :D. Great yeast clean fermentation but tight temps 18-20 period that's white labs specks anyhow.

Tasting notes aroma vanilla beautiful on the nose even missus was approving! Nice full mouth feel that is sweet full bodied warm from alcohol then dries to a crisp Finnish leaving a subtle vodka taste with lingering sweetness.
I. Drinking my second ATM and as far as my sensory perception is going it's growing on me sip by sip. As glass warms the flavours increase no harshness or bitterness notes all alcohol sweetness and vanilla aromas. Now the cascade and sazz may be there mixed with vanilla all I'm getting is vanilla. But lovely full mouth feel,on every swig! :p

Last points head on pour from keg is tight thick clean white no tan colours this lessens to a smearing across the top upon sitting but when re swilled will provide a small head once again.

Anyone doubting a cream ale try Stikks recipe it won't let you down mash mid range don't go thin on this accounting for the vodka I'm sure the lady's would love this it is easy drinking and aromatic a sure crowd pleaser. Let me know your takes on this brew! I've never done adjuncts but this mash smashed em I'm Aussie so wouldn't have a clue about pre proabition beer but I'm in on the cream ale thing cheers!;)
Sounds yummy!! Enjoy

Sounds tasty. I have a couple of very good cream ale recipes so maybe add a little vanilla? hmm

Sounds tasty. I have a couple of very good cream ale recipes so maybe add a little vanilla? hmm
Yep I'll be brewing this one again for sure! I'll adjust recipe for better extraction an OG of 1.064 is too high for me in a sessionable beer:) I had three the other night and I was feeling it:oops:. I'll keep the same amount,of vanilla 4 pods but soak in less vodka so that flavour isn't too strong, I'm not sure about the 10min boil vanilla addition though I couldn't detect it before I threw my pods in. Maybe I'll do vanilla at 0 min next time then pods in after primary fermentation cooled off? I'm hoping this keg lasts to Christmas o_O yea maybe not but I'm hosting Christmas this year and I think it's a beer everyone will appreciate. So will cooking this one up again soon:).

Back