Starting up brewing in Silver City NM

Reaction score
I was a active brewer in 2012 in southern Oregon. I sold everything and moved onto a sailboat. We sailed in the San Francisco bay for a year to get to know our boat then one day we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge and turned left and never looked back. We ended up in La Paz Mexico for a little over 3 years until we bought a truck and 5th wheel and toured the US for the next 3+ years.

Now after a 10+ year hiatus from home brewing I'm back. I was fortunate to find someone that was selling all his gear and ended up with not 1 but 2 Anvil Foundries, a 10.5 and a 6.5.This equipment didn't exist back in 2012 and I am excited to move into the all in one brewing.

Sounds like you had an amazing adventurous last 10 years!

Welcome
Here's to some adventurous brewing :D!!!

Welcome to Brewers Friend, look forward to hearing about your new brewing adventures. I like the sound of you equipment. Do you plan to use Anvil 10.5 for mashing, and the 6.5 for sparge water?

I was a active brewer in 2012 in southern Oregon. I sold everything and moved onto a sailboat. We sailed in the San Francisco bay for a year to get to know our boat then one day we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge and turned left and never looked back. We ended up in La Paz Mexico for a little over 3 years until we bought a truck and 5th wheel and toured the US for the next 3+ years.

Now after a 10+ year hiatus from home brewing I'm back. I was fortunate to find someone that was selling all his gear and ended up with not 1 but 2 Anvil Foundries, a 10.5 and a 6.5.This equipment didn't exist back in 2012 and I am excited to move into the all in one brewing.
Welcome back to the hobby!

Those Anvils are good machines. Having two is good, because you can brew smaller or larger batches. And, these things make it so easy! No propane or kitchen stoves...

One thing, if you don't have a pump, you should consider one.

There are several threads on this forum about All-In-Ones (AIOs) that might be interesting reading. Meanwhile, let us know if you need anything and be sure to tell us about your next* brew!

*Not your first, that was long ago...:p

Welcome to the forum and back to brewing

Back