Some quick questions

That recipe looks like something I like to drink.
Just remember that you don't have to brew 19 litres. Let it depend on your equipment (size of kettle, pots, mash tun etc)
A couple of us here do small batches, some 19 litres and others 100's of litres ;)
It's one of the things that makes this forum so nice. And the willingness of people to share their ideas and experiences.

As for John Palmers book: the 1st edition is free online

Thanks for your replies!
I like to ask something more
Lets say i want to increase the alcohol volume to as specific recipe how can I do that?Can i just add a little sugar?(dextrose)

You could, but it will change the beer.
Better to increase malts (or decrease water)

Another quick question:
Can i use co2 ampoule for serving a 20 or 30 liters keg?
Just serving not carbonating!
I'm watching those small nice devices that can fit a co2 ampoule with pressure regulator.
Can this work on 20 or 30 liters keg?
Tia

I will give it a try.
I see small amount of hoops is that ok or something wrong with recipe?

According to the BJCP guidelines, the hops, gravity, ingredients, etc. fit the parameters of a Blonde Ale. But as the name states, these are just guidelines. If you want to add a few more hops and push the IBU's out of the style, who cares, it's your beer! And, as @Sandy Feet mentions, and the style comparison indicates, you could just switch to an American Pale Ale recipe if you want a little more bitterness.

upload_2023-6-18_13-34-28.png

Another quick question:
Can i use co2 ampoule for serving a 20 or 30 liters keg?
Just serving not carbonating!
I'm watching those small nice devices that can fit a co2 ampoule with pressure regulator.
Can this work on 20 or 30 liters keg?
Tia
Yes, but...
A small ampoule probably does not have enough volume to dispense 20 liters. Maybe have more than one on hand.

I have a 30 liters keg.
I want to make a small batch to test.
What if i put inside 30liters keg just 10 or 20 liters of beer?

I have a 30 liters keg.
I know next to nothing about kegging, but that sounds like filling 10-20 liters of empty space full of CO2, which then must be compressed...basically rendering your CO2 cartridge "less than effective".
Liquid is hard to compress, which is why you can carbonate it by "pressing" gas into it, when there is little head room. 50%-ish head room means you will need to fill that 50% at your desired pressure, before the beer will even start to carbonate...
The math is fairly simple, but my guess is it will be a couple cartridges before you get there. ;)

I have a 30 liters keg.
Yeah you can definitely do that but as SBA climber said that's a lot of head space.
Only reason is there's alot of oxygen in there to potentially purge out.

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
Making beer is essentially cooking.
You can't expect to be a gourmet chef with you first attempt at cooking, or your second, or third. Chefs go to school for years to learn their craft, they learn from cooking, and cooking and cooking some more.
The only way to learn how to brew is to brew, brew again, and learn a little each time.
When I first started I watched dozens and dozens of videos on YouTube, each time I brewed I learned something, and improved.
There are no end of beginners brewing videos on YouTube, and there is also a great resource here on BF, in fact it is right in this Beginners Subforum!
Screenshot_20230627-223617_Chrome.jpg

I have a 30 liters keg.
But, in the end, it's the same as putting a pint into a gallon jug: the only problem is that it is mostly empty...

But, in the end, it's the same as putting a pint into a gallon jug: the only problem is that it is mostly empty...
And probably less than $20 for the additional ingredients including an extra pack of yeast.
You can always bottle carbonate. That is how I started and did for a number of batches.

LoL

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pricelessbrewing
Your putting up with this Guy?

Some of the comments Dnezmusic I sure don't appreciate on this forum.

If you've got nothing good to say well keep your comments to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it
I can use it for free for my first 5 brews.
But i see "fermentetion" tab is locked, require a premium account.
In this step is giving the details about fermentetion temperature time and more details about?
I'm thinking to buy a premium account so to start my first all grain brews which plan you recommend so i can have information about fermentetion and kegging with co2?

The Fermentation tab just shows you a graph of the temperature/attenuation you have logged. It's not really necessary unless you have an electronic hydrometer.

If you are making an ale (rather than a lager) a good place to start is keeping it a 19C/65F until the bubbling in the airlock slows down (about 3days). Then raise the temperature 2-3deg until the bubbling stops.

The premium account is worth it because it lets you have more than 5 recipes. I think the CO2 calculator is a free feature though.

Happy brewing!

Back