Some quick questions

Mastoras007

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello! Lets get to the point
1. Lets say i have 2 different type of yeast, Ale and Lager but i use the same wort if I make 2 different beers what will be the result?

2. After fermentetion i want to use keg barels, lets say ale yeast beer, can i put it in the fridge with co2 pressure right after fermentetion ends? If yes now Long need to carbonated? And after carbonating can i store my beer out of fridge or i need to use refrigerator until i drink?

3. I see the recipes but I see just the beer ingredients. How Can I learn to execute tne recipes? There is any detailed quide how to use?

4. Can you please recommend me a easy recipe for a beer to make my first all grain atemp I'm looking for a beer that fermentetion is not Keep to long and for summer weather (about 20 Celsius fermentetion temperature)

Tia

#3 brewing beer is like muscle memory you just get better the more you brew.
Executing a recipe is the Execution of practice of brewing a culmination of experience learning from what you did wrong :).

Brewersfriend does have a brew Log feature that walks you through the step by step brewday.

#1 & yeah it's a how longs a piece of string type situation just check out Brulosophy.com

#2 yes once fermented package and carbonate you need to keep your beer cold to keep co2 in solution (carbonation).
Have a look around on the forum for kegging threads im sure weve gone into detail on the various co2 carbonation steps.
Set at 10psi for a week or two (set and forget) is a safe option for a beginner.

cold lagering temperatures helps with a myriad of things when it comes to your long term beer storage.

It slows down staleing of the beer helps clarify the beer and I think keeps it fresher for longer.

Theank you for your time
So let me understand better, after cold lagering and carbonate ending can i store my kegs in a Room?
Also we're can i find this brew log feature??

It could be limited to premium members but this is how you go about it.
Select the brew it tab in your recipe
Screenshot_20230615_082609_Chrome.jpg

Then find the brew log options⁴
Screenshot_20230615_082629_Chrome.jpg

Then in there click the brew steps and wala up the steps will come
Screenshot_20230615_082638_Chrome.jpg

As for storage of beer in a keg after lagering I'd just makesure wherever it's stored its cool and doesn't fluctuate temp too much like a garage.

See what other forum members recommend though as I just store my beer in a keezer indefinitely until the keg kicks which usually isn't too long:).

Last edited:
Hello! Lets get to the point
1. Lets say i have 2 different type of yeast, Ale and Lager but i use the same wort if I make 2 different beers what will be the result?

2. After fermentetion i want to use keg barels, lets say ale yeast beer, can i put it in the fridge with co2 pressure right after fermentetion ends? If yes now Long need to carbonated? And after carbonating can i store my beer out of fridge or i need to use refrigerator until i drink?

3. I see the recipes but I see just the beer ingredients. How Can I learn to execute tne recipes? There is any detailed quide how to use?

4. Can you please recommend me a easy recipe for a beer to make my first all grain atemp I'm looking for a beer that fermentetion is not Keep to long and for summer weather (about 20 Celsius fermentetion temperature)

Tia

1) The result is two good beers that taste different.
2) You only need to keep a lager cold right after fermentation. Otherwise you can keep it at room temperature until you are ready to chill and server
3) John Palmer's How To Brew is an excellent resource.
4) Without knowing what kind of beer to you like, it's hard to recommend a recipe. Let us know what you like and you'll get lots of suggestions.

A smash recipe may be a good one to start with (Single Malt And Single Hop).

And yes, what sort of beer do you like?
For a first all grain recipe I would keep it as easy as possible

Not an answer to any if your questions, but what equipment do you have?

I often store finished beer in a keg at room temperature. If your cleanliness is good, it lasts a long time, months at least. It must be cooled to serve it.

I often store finished beer in a keg at room temperature. If your cleanliness is good, it lasts a long time, months at least. It must be cooled to serve it.
Thanks thats very helpful information!!

A smash recipe may be a good one to start with (Single Malt And Single Hop).

And yes, what sort of beer do you like?
For a first all grain recipe I would keep it as easy as possible

Not an answer to any if your questions, but what equipment do you have?
Im thinking to make this https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/324045/blonde-ale/465863
Seems to be easy nit so complicated.
I used a beer kit maker with plastic vessels
Now i will give a try to boil at home just to try with anything I have
Later i will build a system with inox 50L pump etc
What's your opinion for this recipe?

1) The result is two good beers that taste different.
2) You only need to keep a lager cold right after fermentation. Otherwise you can keep it at room temperature until you are ready to chill and server
3) John Palmer's How To Brew is an excellent resource.
4) Without knowing what kind of beer to you like, it's hard to recommend a recipe. Let us know what you like and you'll get lots of suggestions.
I like all different beers except black - smoked anything else is welcome

It could be limited to premium members but this is how you go about it.
Select the brew it tab in your recipe View attachment 25712
Then find the brew log options⁴View attachment 25713

Then in there click the brew steps and wala up the steps will comeView attachment 25714

As for storage of beer in a keg after lagering I'd just makesure wherever it's stored its cool and doesn't fluctuate temp too much like a garage.

See what other forum members recommend though as I just store my beer in a keezer indefinitely u
ntil the keg kicks which usually isn't too long:).
I found it
I can use it for free for my first 5 brews.
But i see "fermentetion" tab is locked, require a premium account.
In this step is giving the details about fermentetion temperature time and more details about?
I'm thinking to buy a premium account so to start my first all grain brews which plan you recommend so i can have information about fermentetion and kegging with co2?

1. You need a refrigerator for lager yeast. It likes to run in the 50's F for most of fermentation. Consistent 20C 68F is ideal for most ale yeasts. The English ones might like it just a tad cooler.
2. Yes. How long it carbonates depends on the pressure. Usually close to a week unless you are starting at 30PSI. Bottle carbonation takes 11-14ish days at 68 or 70F
3. The Blonde looks easy enough. Fermentation temp will depend on the yeast. Read the instructions on the yeast packet or look it up online. Fermentation time for something normal is 14 days. Mash time is usually around 60 minutes with BIAB. Other methods, other ways of doing things. My first all grain was a Brown Ale as they are rather forgiving. My second was a simple, all Cascade Pale Ale.
As far as executing recipes, The John Palmer book is great. You should read at least the first few chapters first.

Im thinking to make this https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/324045/blonde-ale/465863
Seems to be easy nit so complicated.
I used a beer kit maker with plastic vessels
Now i will give a try to boil at home just to try with anything I have
Later i will build a system with inox 50L pump etc
What's your opinion for this recipe?

I have not made a Blonde Ale yet, but have made a Cream Ale, which is similar. The recipe looks very tasty and is a good recipe. US-05 has a max temp of 25°C (77°F) so you should be good there with your room temp of 20°C.

I have not made a Blonde Ale yet, but have made a Cream Ale, which is similar. The recipe looks very tasty and is a good recipe. US-05 has a max temp of 25°C (77°F) so you should be good there with your room temp of 20°C.
I will give it a try.
I see small amount of hoops is that ok or something wrong with recipe?

I found it
I can use it for free for my first 5 brews.
But i see "fermentetion" tab is locked, require a premium account.
In this step is giving the details about fermentetion temperature time and more details about?
I'm thinking to buy a premium account so to start my first all grain brews which plan you recommend so i can have information about fermentetion and kegging with co2?
Part of a recipe is the temperatures for mashing. A premium account won't get you that.

We all are here for you, so ask a lot of questions!

A book by John Palmer "How to Brew" is a great way to learn all this stuff. Worth the $30 or so.

Mash temperatures affect the beer. 145 F is more fermentable, so it gets a little more alcohol, but not as much malt sweetness. 154 F leaves more sweetness. Indeed, for just about every temperature between, you get different results. But a thorough discussion of the topic would require, literally, a book.

Instead, just ask us what you're not clear about and will do our best to help.

I will give it a try.
I see small amount of hoops is that ok or something wrong with recipe?
Blondes are not that hoppy. If you want more go for the Pale Ale. As far as quantity, read about alpha acids in hops in the book or online. Alphas make a BIG difference in hop quantities as does when you add them in or after the boil.

Welcome.

I think you would really benefit from spending a few days in front of YouTube looking at home brewing videos and using Kveik yeast.

You are asking a lot of very good questions on very specific topics that have other dependencies within brewing that could take you in the wrong direction due to not haveing an understanding of these dependencies.

I agree with spending time with the videos. I respectfully disagree with the Kviek. I know a lot of y'all like that stuff.I'm not there yet. I have tasted a couple of decent Kviek recipes, but with something else those recipes could have been much better. If I couldn"t get close to normal brewing temps, yes. At 68, no.

I love being able to share wirh different parts of the planet too. When I originally saw summer weather and 20C, I almost peed my pants LOL. If it doesn't make that temperature here, that is called winter, and a chilly day at that. If my house is at that temperature, we use the heat. My AC is set at 82 F right now. That is why there is a refrigerator in the garage for homebrewing.

Back