So what would happen you figure...

Hawkbox

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
If in my attempt to make a Flanders Brown with what I have in my repetoir I were to use Kviek for the initial fermentation and then lambic yeast as a souring agent?

I'm kind of curious if I can pull it off and it seems like I could then be all "I have a mixed fermentation beer (insert posturing)".

Wouldn't have thought the kveik would make that much of a difference. It's really all down to that mix of bugs you'd add next. Either way, then you can...

giphy.gif

Indeed. My beer nerd cred will be legendary. I was less worried about the Kviek than the lambic yeast being something that would work.

And so the rabbit hole deepens once more for you Hawkbox. It's uncharted territory for me there mate.

Me too. But what the hell, I have lots of kegs and if I build a spunding valve it can sit in a keg for a year.

I've used Roseleare for my sour red/brown. I think it gives a darker, red fruit taste. A lot of the people tasting ask me if I've added cherries. Haven't got my lambic sour up to tasting yet, so not really sure, but I'm expecting something more along the complex and citrus, rather than that Flanders taste.

Hmm so I could be creating an entire new style!

Back