small fridge

jakefrommaine

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've been using the same wine cooler for twenty years to ferment my brew. Unfortunately it seems to be on its last legs. Has anyone got any idea on what type of small fridge will hold a "big mouth" fermenter? I live in an area where the temperature varies a lot. I also don't have a lot of money to spend. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.....

I've been using the same wine cooler for twenty years to ferment my brew. Unfortunately it seems to be on its last legs. Has anyone got any idea on what type of small fridge will hold a "big mouth" fermenter? I live in an area where the temperature varies a lot. I also don't have a lot of money to spend. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.....
I started out with a wine fridge.

I'm sure any mini fridge would work.
I know @Figjam72 put a collar on the front of his to accommodate the extra width he needed to fit an Allrounder.

There's Facebook marketplace and Nextdoor in Maine, so go buy a used fridge. I have a nice bar fridge I got free that way. I've also seen fridges for well under $100. At least have a look!

There's Facebook marketplace and Nextdoor in Maine, so go buy a used fridge. I have a nice bar fridge I got free that way. I've also seen fridges for well under $100. At least have a look!
Amen there was a fridge on the side of the road near my place for 2 weeks people are giving them away.

Another place I see giving away fridges is resorts when they do room revamps I've seen mini fridges stacked up all you gotta do is ask...

I use this Danby Designer 4.4 cu. ft. fridge:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Danby-D...eel-without-Freezer-DAR044A4BSLDD-6/311921157
I like it because it doesn't have a freezer compartment. Picked up mine on CL for $50, and did have to take out all the shelves in the door; I replaced it with a sheet of styrene plastic so the Big Mouth 6.5 would fit.

A trick I use when shopping for a fridge is to bring a circle of paper the size of my fermenter(s) and lay it in the fridge to check fit.

IMG_2945.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG
IMG_2947.JPG

Back