Small Batch Keg System Recommendations

Interesting link Ben!
Time to google if it is available anywhere around here

I have 2 of the 1.75 gallon “systems” from Northern Brewer. Not That much bigger than a gallon milk really. This one has a mini regulator that uses 74 gram co2 cartridges and comes with a faucet. Fits nicely and I can serve from my refrigerator. I
I was very happy with the similar 2.5 gallon one I got from Williams.

That is pretty neat. I'm the guy who went heavy on cornies so I would probably just bring one of them instead but for someone starting out, that is a slick idea.

That is pretty neat. I'm the guy who went heavy on cornies so I would probably just bring one of them instead but for someone starting out, that is a slick idea.
I did the same thing... I do have both the 1 gallon and the 2.5 gallon torpedo kegs and I like having them - especially for cleaning beer lines! This would be a much cheaper way to have a "cleaning keg". That and it could double for camping trips etc.

Maybe I'll snag a couple when they are back in stock.

I have 20 19L cornies so it's pretty hard for me to justify getting anything else.

I did the same thing... I do have both the 1 gallon and the 2.5 gallon torpedo kegs and I like having them - especially for cleaning beer lines! This would be a much cheaper way to have a "cleaning keg". That and it could double for camping trips etc.

Maybe I'll snag a couple when they are back in stock.
Yup I think it's a new product similar to their carb cap T piece setup but better with a PRV.
See the plastic is different as well less impervious to o2 than pet?
These guys are comming up with awesome stuff all the time!

Yup I think it's a new product similar to their carb cap T piece setup but better with a PRV.
It is a thin disguise to their real agenda, which is of course to separate us beer needs from our money! They are damn good it too!

It is a thin disguise to their real agenda, which is of course to separate us beer needs from our money! They are damn good it too!
Valid point there Craig it seems in this HB hobby that there is something else that I just have to get to "make my beer better" or brewing easier.
Yup their good at dangling the Carrot:p.

Saw that the other week. I'm very interested. Small batch kegging may get very cheap soon. That 8 L keg looks like it'll fit in my portable coolers too.

Also stumbled on some similar kegs on a South African site. They had 3 L and 10 L sizes I think. Similar, but slightly different attachment for the top, but still that same soda bottle fitting approach with engineering plastic that is making everything so much cheaper.

Saw that the other week. I'm very interested. Small batch kegging may get very cheap soon. That 8 L keg looks like it'll fit in my portable coolers too.

Also stumbled on some similar kegs on a South African site. They had 3 L and 10 L sizes I think. Similar, but slightly different attachment for the top, but still that same soda bottle fitting approach with engineering plastic that is making everything so much cheaper.
It sure is a great time to be a homebrewer!

Oh I hope so if not you know I don't mind ordering it and posting it on to you.
Check it out first though and see if it's worth you while;).
Thanks Ben!
Going to have to do some brewing first though ;)
I checked google and found a petainer and keykeg + something that looked like you posted, but only in 20 and 30 liter size

Do you remember the South African site?
When we can travel again, I should be able to get some stuff from there

Do you remember the South African site?
When we can travel again, I should be able to get some stuff from there
Had a quick look on the main browser and can't find it in the history. I'll try the other likely candidates, but I recently rebuilt my main laptops so I may not have it any more. I'll see if I can use the same search terms I did last time.

Had a quick look on the main browser and can't find it in the history. I'll try the other likely candidates, but I recently rebuilt my main laptops so I may not have it any more. I'll see if I can use the same search terms I did last time.

Thanks!

Spent a bit of time searching and couldn't find it again. I had a look at something like that UK option a while ago. I think it's good for people trying to do cask beer, but can be fiddly once the pressure starts increasing.

Back