Site Help

EPV Brewing

Trial Member
Reaction score
Is it just something wrong with my web browser or are other people having this issue?

The part that should be at the bottom of the page, Brewer's friend with all the links is coming up half way up on my page and I cant get to the stuff its covering. It covers part of the forums, so I cant read all them, I cant add a picture because it covers those controls. This is happening on almost every page, like something is wrong with the pages html code.

Even when I clear my web history and stuff, it's still happening.

Suggestions

Thanks Earl

This is what I'm getting.

Attachments

• site.JPG
    site.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,130
It has been going on for days with many people complaining. Hopefully, now that the holiday weekend is over, the people in charge will fix it.

It's worse than last time. It's preventing access to many more areas now. I am unable to add entries to brew log/session. (which makes me wonder if this is advertising related, how is that, I'm a paid member, no ads).

Not impressed with the management, not at all, you are failing. Don't care if it was the weekend, or a holiday either, you don't get that when you are managing a website; it's not a brick-and-mortar 9-5 business. And it appears to me to be sloppy updates. Somebody changed something, which made this issue return. And apparently didn't thoroughly check to be sure the change was not causing issues.

I was also experiencing it so i made a chrome extension to remove the footer. In the process of publishing the extension now so it can solve everyones problem for now (pending publishing atm).

Tore: You are my new hero. Thanks for posting.

Dan

Happy to see there is a fix now. I couldn't even submit a post to complain. I brewed yesterday and couldn't add to the brewlog or read the lower part of the recipe.

I sure miss Larrybrewer. He kept the site running and provided us informative blogs.

I just sent a second message via the contact link, which is pretty tricky.. got click really fast to get the "name" box, then tab for the next two and type blind.

Have started searching around for other brewing software/web services and haven't found anything as good as this .. anybody got any suggestions? I'm paid up until December, but don't plan to stick around if these issues persist.

Austin or whomever: somebody should be checking the website every single day! Issues like this should not persist for this length of time. Completely unacceptable.

This is happening for me on firefox as well, just renewed my membership, regretting it now....

I would post a firefox packed app for you, but my MBP is dying every 5 minutes from GPU overheating issues so i cant really learn the stuff fast enough to do anything productive today. I suggest you either switch browsers or DIY :) It would be easier to fix on the server side, but thats for the developers to prioritize and commit to fix.

I tend to agree, as a developer i would never publish something knowingly if it was broken. Then again, unknowingly i would ;), but i also get up in the night to fix issues when the pager goes off.

nice job guys - that definitely helped and I've never had occasion to use that damn footer anyway!

Brewer's Friend developer manager - get with the program here!

Any idea if this is getting fixed any time soon?

I also re-upped my paid account.

I'm also now missing some of my recipe folders.

Did it get fixed?
Right at this very moment it appears so.
And I just sent a message via contacts link at group builder website to express my displeasure.

Nope, looks like forum works, but everything else is still screwed up.

We got it resolved.

Sorry for the issues guys.

Not resolved... only resolved in forum, still blocking brew sessions, recipes, home page, calculators, etc. At work have IE, Firefox and Chrome; have tried all three, with history/cache/cookies, etc. cleared; same result with all three browsers.

Back