Shopping List Same Item Combination + Inventory Deduction

BrittanyAx

Premium Plus Member
Reaction score
Currently when you make a shopping list for multiple recipes it does not combine the amount of the same ingredients into one line item.

For example, if I have 2 recipes that use Maris Otter, 2 lines are created on the shopping list for each respective amount.
It would be helpful if those separate amounts could be combined together so I don't have to add them up line by line.

To further that, it would be nice if taking into account my current inventory, the program would spit out how much of each ingredient is needed to get to that amount.

Currently I have to manually compare my shopping list to inventory items and subtract everything one by one.

The program has all of the needed information, maybe just a way to generate a report or something?

Hmmm strange, it definitely used to compare to your inventory. I'll open a couple tickets to get this on the pipeline.

1) Ensure the shopping list is checking your inventory when things are added.
2) Add an inventory column to the shopping list so you can check how much you have vs how much you need.
3) Combine matching ingredients into 1 total, and combining the note for what ingredient goes to which recipes together which is the only unique identifier for the duplicate ingredients as far as I can tell.

Currently when you make a shopping list for multiple recipes it does not combine the amount of the same ingredients into one line item.

For example, if I have 2 recipes that use Maris Otter, 2 lines are created on the shopping list for each respective amount.
It would be helpful if those separate amounts could be combined together so I don't have to add them up line by line.

To further that, it would be nice if taking into account my current inventory, the program would spit out how much of each ingredient is needed to get to that amount.

Currently I have to manually compare my shopping list to inventory items and subtract everything one by one.

The program has all of the needed information, maybe just a way to generate a report or something?
Ditto

Back