Shopping list Bug?

Head First

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
For some reason the pounds and ounces won't add together in the shopping list.
The totaling feature for this is great when you go to the store for specific recipes. We live a distance away from the LHBS so thought we would try it out. Added 5 recipes onto the list with a click each, saw that like items were totaled, but the ones that were in ounces would not include the like items that were in pounds.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/myshopping

That's weird. It worked just now for me. When I hit "print", it stayed totaled as well.

What browser are you using? Can you try again, and post some screenshots of what you get so we can look into it?

For some reason it just won't add the pound entries and ounce entries of like items together.
If you enter 1# of C-60 twice(2recipes) then 4 oz of C-60 twice(2more recipes) you get 2 different totals for C-60 one in oz(8oz total) and one in pounds(2# total). Using google chrome.

I know this isn't what your talking about but I asked for the adding together feature years ago, it puts all inventory items on a separate line even if its the same ingredient

I know this isn't what your talking about but I asked for the adding together feature years ago, it puts all inventory items on a separate line even if its the same ingredient

I haven't used the shopping list for a long time. It will total like items together now which is good. But for some reason its totaling ounces together separate from totaling pounds together with like items. The quantities in the recipes themselves total correctly however they are listed, pounds or ounces or decimal pounds(eg .5 pounds) but for some reason when transferred from the recipes they aren't totaling ounces and pounds together correctly. Should have gone to metric squirrels.

I think I see what's going on with this. With the recipe editor you choose which units to use for the entire recipe so they are pre designated and only need to interchange with like units(pounds and ounces or kilos and grams). In the shopping list the drop down for entries includes all types of units, tsp, grams, ounces etc. so it does not put ounces with pounds on its own for totals in the same way it can't add grams and teaspoons. The only reason it came up is transferring from the recipe some of my recipes are done in ounces in fermentables and some are done with pounds and decimal pounds(2.5 or 3.75lbs). For the shopping list to total correctly I would have to edit all like items in the recipes to the same exact unit of measure(convert all ounce entries to decimal pounds). Probably wouldn't be an easy fix in software.

Ah! Gotcha. The light bulb finally was turned on for me. I use larger amounts in my recipes, 11 gallon batches, and didn't have multiples of the same item in ounces. But now I got it! Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I brought this up to our ToDo list, and will keep you informed of our progress on that. Again, thanks!

Just a slip in incorporating the software together. Looks like you need to rebuild the shopping list. The recipe editor uses all measurements well. Thanks for listening! Brew On!

We made a few changes this evening. I'll look at it myself in the morning, but in the meantime if anybody wants to see if it's fixed for them, you can do so and if you have any problems/comments/ issues, please post here and I'll see it first thing in the AM.

Thanks for all your help!

You got it! I left the list that I made on there and it is now all corrected awesome!
Thanks

Back