Second True "Happy Batch" Brew

CoFlyGuy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have brewed a couple of one gallon batches of beer and really couldn't call them beer. I just brewed a beer and tasted it yesterday called Angelic Whisper, it is a honey blonde with lots of sparkle. I am pretty stoked on it. I am shooting for an Irish Red for a few weeks now. I love brewing beer!

Just takes practice and getting your procedures down.

Reading a few books helps too :D

Just takes practice and getting your procedures down.

Reading a few books helps too :D
Yes, and making sure you take notes. It is amazing the silly "little" things I haven't been doing. But those are the things that can make a big difference later on down the road in the success of your brew sessions.

Yes, and making sure you take notes. It is amazing the silly "little" things I haven't been doing. But those are the things that can make a big difference later on down the road in the success of your brew sessions.
Yup even trivial stuff. You will want to know what you did 4 months later and you won't remember

Truth! Some of my earlier best beers were "disasters" when brewing and I wish I'd noted the details because they came out awesome in the end. May the Whisper and future red go well!

Sanitation, the right temperatures, and the right yeast go a long way. I have also noticed trivial things that make a big difference. Thank you Blichmann burner :)

Repeatability is the goal. So notes and process are the little things I focus on.

Repeatability is the goal. So notes and process are the little things I focus on.
Other than improving my processes to increase yield (temp, ph, crush). Having repeatable process so if you have something odd happen, you know what you did and can fix it next time

Other than improving my processes to increase yield (temp, ph, crush). Having repeatable process so if you have something odd happen, you know what you did and can fix it next time
Or do it again, if it came out amazing.

Back