Sat additions not updating

mechamaniaboy

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm new to Brewers Friend and I have a problem getting salt additions to update when I try to emulate a water profile. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanking you in advance. Regards, Mech.

Hi Yooper, thanks for getting back to me. No, I don't think so. I've some limited experience with Beersmith 2 and in that app, although the format is different, when you take your start water and compare it to your target water, it lists the additions straight away? As I said, I may be missing something as I'm very new to Brewers Friend. I have a couple of recipes that I've added and listed their ingredients but the water additions didn't change then?

You add the water additions to the spreadsheet. Currently they don't automatically go into the recipe, but we are changing that and integrating the water calculation right onto the recipe builder page.

Hi Yooper, thanks again for your reply. That's fine now I know. Can you tell me please if my inventory gets consumed as I brew from my recipes?

Back