Running a small nano-brewery and tap-house

My posts indicate that I was definitely looking on a much larger scale than a nano brewery a nanobrewery when I'm retired might not be a bad idea within my plans of buying a sailboat and sailing half the year-round would pretty much be right out the window

buying a sailboat and sailing half the year-round would
I would defiantly put this on hold given the crazy war stuff going on today, I think traveling in certain areas today is a huge risk no matter how you do it

Location wise I think the new town I just moved to would be great for a small craft brewery. It's the kind of town motorcyclists and car enthusiasts flock to on the weekends on their weekend ride/drive. But that's the only problem it would be weekend trading only.

No dream of that here. But friends do suggest it.

I think it’s funny that many members here have a user name that could be the name of a brewpub (I’m not referring to the forum’s default Brewerxxxxx name). I think you’re correct to say that many of us envision it.

Interesting... I have considered making hobbies a profession (fishing or hunting guide, motorcycle or 4 wheeler customization, brewing and/or cider pub, hop grower, grain growing and malting, etc. It all takes capital, time and a stomach for risk. One path for a future in brewing would be to hire on at a micro brewery and see the business first hand.

Regarding members here with user names that could be a brewpub, I have leaned that direction to brand my property, which has potential to become an on-site source for grain, hops, water with a brewing facility and tasting room. Not that I want to take it that far, but the next owner of the property might. I’m new to the site and didn’t mean to break an unspoken rule.

The recipe builder here is awesome!

No unspoken rules here. Just my observation (which may not reflect those of management :D)

Are what are rules anyway just there to be broken.

As for sailing around the world crunk....

I met a bloke yesterday that has toured half of Europe on a BMW 1200 GS. If you like bikes and adventure and were to put them both together that bike is it!! Bike or nano brewery lol

The 1200 GS is a nice bike! Always been a fan of the BMW’s. My HD Road Glide only made it out of the shop for a 3000 mile ride to Sturges and back this year. Too much work and not enough riding or brewing.

The 1200 GS is a nice bike! Always been a fan of the BMW’s. My HD Road Glide only made it out of the shop for a 3000 mile ride to Sturges and back this year. Too much work and not enough riding or brewing.
I was watching a head to head comparison today on a online bike show of the BMW 1200 GS against KTM rival I can't think of its model off the top of my head but both matched up pretty even.

That bloke was showing me yesterday you can electronically adjust suspension mid ride depending upon the terrain your covering. Also front suspension is unlike any bike I've seen its wishbone suspension what:eek:. The front forks deliver the shock through the wishbone onto a centre shock mounted inside. Also love the shaft drive feature chains suck. I love all the technical gizmos on the BMW. old mate even had an E-PIRB thing on the handlebar in case he screwed up big time one press of the button and helps a coming.

Anyhow I'll clean up my drool.

I did have an idea about opening a beer barge, this is a tea barge about a mile from my home, on the Thames...

http://www.whittingtons-teabarge.co.uk/

Thought it would be a good idea to brew beer on the barge, with a small bar and seating on the bank.

My wife slapped me out of it, especially when I thought of tipsy customers falling overboard.

Back