Robobrew V3 upgrade to 3.1 board and display?or 3.1.1?

Brewer #334545

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, after about 15 brews on my robobrew it looks like my 1000w element has stopped working,
i am finishing up my brew and will tear it apart and see if the element is fine or not, i suspect the board is toast.

should i upgrade to the 3.1 board and display or the 3.1.1?
ive seen youtube videos upgrading to the 3.1 board but none of the 3.1.1

anyone with experience here?

thanks

No experience, but suggest writing Kegland to see what they say. If it is possible, that is.

The element can be faulty, as can the relay, switch, or even the control board - but assuming it is the control board without testing is, er, unwise maybe?

No experience, but suggest writing Kegland to see what they say. If it is possible, that is.

The element can be faulty, as can the relay, switch, or even the control board - but assuming it is the control board without testing is, er, unwise maybe?
These responses kill me, I will check after I am done brewing. How ever, the V3 boards are all known for failing.
Thanks though

These responses kill me, I will check after I am done brewing. How ever, the V3 boards are all known for failing.
Thanks though
Not sure what your issue is with Don's reply, but it would seem to make sense to determine what the problem is before determining a course of action. I have heard of people upgrading to the 3.1.1 board when their other versions have failed. I have had my unit for almost a year now, it is the 3.1.1 version, I haven't had any issues with it to date.
I hope you find the problem and it is an easy fix.

Exactly. It should broken down and tested to see what actually failed. The heater element should be @ 14.5 ohms. When heat is called for by the controller there should be 120Vac on the heater element. Guessing is going to cost time and frustration.

Hey Everyone, after about 15 brews on my robobrew it looks like my 1000w element has stopped working,
i am finishing up my brew and will tear it apart and see if the element is fine or not, i suspect the board is toast.

should i upgrade to the 3.1 board and display or the 3.1.1?
ive seen youtube videos upgrading to the 3.1 board but none of the 3.1.1

anyone with experience here?

thanks

i didnt say i was going to blindly swap the board and hope magically the problem would go away did i?
it ended up being the switch that went.

but anyways,
on topic does anyone know if the 3.1.1 boards are compatible with the V3s like the 3.1 are?

looks like the main boards are identical between 3.1 and 3.1.1 and only the LCD is an upgrade.
thanks everyone

Back