Robobrew/Brewzilla 65L! - Tips?

Blackmuse

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I hope your brewing has been going well! Mine has - I know I haven't been posting much lately BUT I have been brewin'! Last year I started setting-up for a 65L Robobrew/Brewzilla and this year I finally made the purchase (I hope - they seem to be out of stock everywhere!) Friends and family have been encouraging me to make more beer :) Now that I can bottle 6 and 12 packs, and my dad regularly orders a keg, I figured I needed to make the jump to ensure I have enough beer on hand.

Expecting the 220V 17 gallon rig to put out more steam, I purchased and am in the process of installing an exhaust in the basement (I'll post some pics when it is done) and am looking forward to making 10 gallon batches. SO - a handful of questions!

- Brewer'sFriend scales recipes for you so is it safe to assume that scaling from 5 to 10 gallons is that simple? It will taste similar? (I plan to ferment in 2 separate vessels and pitch yeast as I would for 5 gallon batches (just two batches at a time))

- Does anyone else have a 65L Brewzilla and if so, do you have any tips for raising pipe, sparging and transfering to fermenters? (I assume I'll be using the pump for transfers though I've never done this with the 35L)

- Anything else I haven't thought to ask or mention? All feedback and tips for 10 gallon brewing are welcome.

The scaling should be mostly fine, I don't think it will scale perfectly but good enough for our purposes.

I do a fair amount of 10G batches but I use a Coleman cooler and a pair of 1500W heat sticks in my kettle.

I'm curious how it goes, I kind of dig that idea.

Definitely an overhead pulley system to lift the malt pipe. Maybe this?

Definitely an overhead pulley system to lift the malt pipe. Maybe this?
I use one similar to that for my BZ35, allows me to keep the machine high enough that I can read the screen.

@Craigerrr did your rumours of moving the control panel on the Brewzilla's have any time frame? @Blackmuse, that may be something worth waiting for if you've got a bit of flexibility on when.

@Craigerrr did your rumours of moving the control panel on the Brewzilla's have any time frame? @Blackmuse, that may be something worth waiting for if you've got a bit of flexibility on when.
Looks I will have some flexibility :( I've ordered from two different sites now that said they had one in stock just to be sent an email stating they were out and would ship it once they received more stock... I canceled both and will probably just pre-order from Kegland at this point
:( Total bummer!

That rumor was from late last year and the rumored time frame was to be late 2021.
If there is any truth to it, I suspect that the rumored changes/improvements would likely come with a cost increase, but this is just conjecture on my part. Rumor has it that I may have used the word rumor too many times in this post.

Back