Rice Lager

By 10 Minute rice, do you mean Minute Rice? I have added it to the mash from the box and it works really well. There is no need to pre-cook it or mill it, just chuck it into the mash tun. I used this method for my American Lager. I won a lot of awards with this beer:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/216382/standard-american-lager-ii-aka-lynns-lager
Thanks! I suppose I meant minute rice though it takes 10 minutes to make ;) Should I plan for rice hulls to avoid a stuck mash?

Thanks! I suppose I meant minute rice though it takes 10 minutes to make ;) Should I plan for rice hulls to avoid a stuck mash?
Rice hulls won't hurt, but I've done it without hulls. The rice grains stay intact, but at the end of the mash they become hollow and soft. I have ground the rice into a flour to improve conversion, but that can backfire and even rice hulls don't help much when the mash gets stuck. So I just mix the Minute Rice right into the mash, the mash efficiency doesn't seem to drop with the whole grain.

Back