(RESOLVED) 4 Feature Requests

EvergreenBrewery

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a recent convert but am loving the app. I switched from iBrewMaster and a few other tools.

First, I would like to be able to split water calculations into two separate volumes of water -- 1 for mash and 1 for sparge water. This would be like the easy water calculator at http://www.ezwatercalculator.com

I would like entering hops to remember which measurement unit I am using. I use US measurements but enter hops in grams. I would like to not have to switch from ounces to grams each time. When adding a second hop remember which unit last used.

I would like to be able to record notes for pH. 4 times at least -- start mash, end mash, start sparge, and end sparge.

I would like to be able record gravity measurements using brix. for end gravity this requires calculations to figure out ABV based on the starting gravity and recipe.

Re: 4 Feature Requests

EvergreenBrewery said:
I am a recent convert but am loving the app. I switched from iBrewMaster and a few other tools.
Great!

EvergreenBrewery said:
First, I would like to be able to split water calculations into two separate volumes of water -- 1 for mash and 1 for sparge water. This would be like the easy water calculator at http://www.ezwatercalculator.com

We are working on improving all our water volume calculators, stay tuned for more on that.

EvergreenBrewery said:
I would like entering hops to remember which measurement unit I am using. I use US measurements but enter hops in grams. I would like to not have to switch from ounces to grams each time. When adding a second hop remember which unit last used.

This could be done with a profile option for 'default hop unit'. Not that difficult.

EvergreenBrewery said:
I would like to be able to record notes for pH. 4 times at least -- start mash, end mash, start sparge, and end sparge.

That is a new request, again not hard to do and I can see why that would be useful.

EvergreenBrewery said:
I would like to be able record gravity measurements using brix. for end gravity this requires calculations to figure out ABV based on the starting gravity and recipe.
That has been mentioned before:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=325

Marking this resolved, as it is hard to track 4 feature requests in one thread.

Here is where we are at now:

Strike and sparge water is now broken out on the water requirements readout (just deployed today):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=497#p3290

Default hop unit has been added to our internal TODO list. You might want to start a new thread for that.

As for recording pH, you can currently use the comment field for that. Adding an extra field would be tough to justify since recording pH is quite an advanced practice that most brewer's don't do. We don't want to clutter the user interface with lots of fields that will normally be empty. We could down the road make it a profile option that then enables it, but like to think/discuss more on 'advanced measurement mode' and what that would involve.

Recording gravity in brix is already tracked here, and moving towards the top:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=325

Back