Reliable way to siphon?

Yet another reason we use the metric system , it allows for us being upside down all the time .....silly lbs and gallons don't work here

When driving in the bush here distance is measured in stubbies (375 ml beer bottles ) I was a passenger in a road train 6 trailers long and managed to drink 24 in 6 hours .....bloody boring trip except when we hit that camel

"Road Train" a high alcohol Double ipa. Pylosophy you are the camel the beer is the road train you know the results... It knocks you flat :D

Or double iPa camel cruncher lol

My thoughts almost exactly sounds like my brother in law on Boxing Day after helping drain one of my kegs lol:p.

He said" I thought homebrew wasn't ment to give you a hangover" I said "well after the amount of alcohol you consumed last night it wouldn't of mattered" :D.

I mostly got tired of lifting a 6 1/2 gallon carboy up onto a counter to siphon so I set up a pressure-transfer...Carboy cap with a racking cane running through the center nib and a tube running from my CO2 tank stuck onto the other nib. Works like a charm! ;)
Very easy to keep the siphon exactly where you want it and it's a little faster, but you have to watch the pressure as it gets less liquid and more headspace. Either clamp the cap or keep a hand on it and keep the pressure low to begin with. It's possible to purge the tubing with CO2 as you purge the keg by keeping the end of the siphon tube up out of the liquid and pumping CO2 through the headspace of the carboy and into the keg. Beer never comes in contact with any oxygen during the whole process.
It will blow up through your keg when you hit bottom. It's only CO2, but it can make a mess. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:
I do the same thing and oxygen never comes in contact with the beer. Since I've starting doing this, I notice my beer that was bottled from a keg tastes much better over a longer period of time. This works well for when you want to save a beer for a competition.

For some reason, I want to put a comma in it

"Hit that, camel"

Like you're taunting it in a game of horse or something

We even export camels back to the Arab states , wouldn't have thought that until I saw them being loaded onto ships .

A fully loaded road train can weigh in at over 150 , 000 kg (165 short tons ) they don't stop in a hurry so camel go squish and gets 30 sets of axles over it

Looks like fun but looks like a bitch to keep clean since every joint point in that hose would have the potential to collect matter to grow undesirables. Would be interesting if anyone has one of these to give us a short review?

Back