Regular orders of american hops to Poland

JakubEurope

Trial Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it's not the right thread

Hi, what's up.

We run a small brewery in central-eastern Europe. We've been searching for some new varieties of american hops. We would like to import them directly from the USA, especially that some other breweries would like to join us.

Eventually something like 5-10 tons of hops once a 2 months. Mostly the popular varaities in pellets (cascade, cintra, amarillo, chinook), but there is space for some new stuff. Possibly from different sources/farmers/organisations.

Could you guys be so kind to give any advice?
Whom to ask? What are the prizes per lbs/kg if we order so much (let's say at least 1000kg of each variety)?
Can we expect from the producer to pack the hops in specific bags/containers (let's say 5 or 10kg)?
Are there any particular farmers we should contact or there is just a chance of making the order (mix of varieties) via organisations like usahops?

Greatly appreciate in advance!

Hi,
I was on holiday in Washington last month and I looked into that, because I wanted to bring back some hops. Importing into the EU-zone of large quantities means you'll need a 'conformity' declaration. The USDA in Yakima can issue those, and there is a small import duty.
I ended up taking a kilogram in my luggage back to The Netherlands, which is allowed without all the paperwork. I bought my hops at
yakima valley hops, they sell moderately large quantities, but you should ask them about packaging options.

Marc

Again with the hops? We buy hops by the ounce here. Anheuser Busch buys hops buy the ton. Call them.

Back