Refilling CO2 Tanks

Then it's a question only you can answer.
For me, I value the space and less stuff overall.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Brian

That’s the whole point of this thread - questioning whether it’d be worth refilling myself, based on other’s experiences. It doesn’t sound like anyone here is doing it, so that alone tells me it’s probably not worth it. But my latest thought is that I’ll only have to refill the 5 lb tank every 3-4 years or so, so I think I’m gonna pass on refilling myself.

Jeff, have you checked the web on how to fill one propane tank from another one? Not recommended, but requires establishing a temperature gradient with the cold side being the tank getting filled. So on a hot day cold water is run over the tank being filled. I understand it takes a while and is dangerous with propane. Seems like the same principle might apply.

I’ve looked into all that before I started this thread. It’s not that difficult of a process. The only purpose of this thread is to determine if it’d be worthwhile, as in other people do it from time to time. Nobody here has said they do it. And like I said before, I’ve reached the conclusion that my 5 lb tank should last a few years anyway, since I’ll be running off of my 20 lb tank most of the time.

Your link doesn’t work, but I’m sure I’ve seen it already. You see, I’ve done my research. Internet is alive and well here. Is that the video with the big guy, Mexican I think, upright video (not horizontal)? I talked to him the other day with a question about their product.

I’ve looked into all that before I started this thread. It’s not that difficult of a process. The only purpose of this thread is to determine if it’d be worthwhile, as in other people do it from time to time. Nobody here has said they do it. And like I said before, I’ve reached the conclusion that my 5 lb tank should last a few years anyway, since I’ll be running off of my 20 lb tank most of the time.

I hear you. Maybe find the cost of a whip and determine the number of fills to break even. Value is a personal decision. Sorry the link isn’t working for you. Dan.

Back