Recipe Versions

NorthWest Small Batch Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Can't find anywhere better to post this .... I build 5.5 gallon recipes but I like to scale them to 3.5 gallons. I need both versions as I present the 5.5 g version on my youtube. When I try to save two different copies it overwrites the one so I can't get two versions to save even with different names. I guess I could re-enter everything with the scaled amounts and a different name, but I have just been printing out the 5.5 gal recipe and hand writing the scaled version over it. I don't think going from $25 a year to $100 a year membership just for saving a version with a different scale has enough value for that big a price difference. Anyone know a trick to save two versions of a recipe that has two different scales?

Can't find anywhere better to post this .... I build 5.5 gallon recipes but I like to scale them to 3.5 gallons. I need both versions as I present the 5.5 g version on my youtube. When I try to save two different copies it overwrites the one so I can't get two versions to save even with different names. I guess I could re-enter everything with the scaled amounts and a different name, but I have just been printing out the 5.5 gal recipe and hand writing the scaled version over it. I don't think going from $25 a year to $100 a year membership just for saving a version with a different scale has enough value for that big a price difference. Anyone know a trick to save two versions of a recipe that has two different scales?
Have you tried the snapshot function?

Have you tried the snapshot function?
No. There is an option that says copy. I also see a box that says snapshop. Is snapshot read only? Looks like if I select copy I can save it with a different name. ok I just tested and that worked. Thanks!

No. There is an option that says copy. I also see a box that says snapshop. Is snapshot read only? Looks like if I select copy I can save it with a different name. ok I just tested and that worked. Thanks!
Copy your 5.5 gal recipe, check the snapshot box, edit copied recipe, scale to 3.5 gal, save.

Back