Recipe ratings

Lee Tucker

Trial Member
Reaction score
One place I really enjoy looking at recipes is Northern Brewers site (http://www.northernbrewer.com). I like that when browsing through the recipes, you can see a summary of the reviews given on a 5 star rating scale, then when looking at an individual recipe you can easily read the individual reviews.

I would like to see something similar in the Brewer's Friend recipe search system. I know I can sort by "views" or "brews" but I'd like a quick way to see what others think of a recipe. I know this is highly dependent on the community using the tools but if the capability was there, maybe it would take off.
Lee

Our original thought here is the brew count would become the ultimate measure of a recipe's quality.

We just added the 'Award Winning' flag on the recipe, with ability to search by it, which is a step in the right direction.

Not opposed at all to the idea of a rating system and adding a better comments system, just need to figure out when to do it.

How about this - for people who did brew the recipes, their comments would carry more weight - or at least you could see if they brewed it next to the comment.

If Joe Blow gives it 4 stars, but he didn't brew it, and didn't say why he gave it 4 stars, that means very little to me. However, if Joe Brewer gave it 1 star after brewing, and added useful comments, now we have some real information to go off.

Agreed on the weighting of a review.
Sorry for the double post by the way, just noticed something similar was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48

Thanks for your continued attention to the forums and for the development of the system!
Lee

leetucker said:
Thanks for your continued attention to the forums and for the development of the system!
Lee

It's our pleasure. Our mission is to help you brew better beer!

Back