Recipe Print Format

OK. I thought I'd add my "two penneth" as they say over here (well Yorkshire) Yes I accept there has to be a change with the layout due to the increase of details now available and I have felt that there was a need for a rearrangement of data on the page with some "wasted" space near the top.
But... I have found it useful to have some space available for annotations as I follow the brewing process it has been handy to scribble in what ever relevant space there is e.g. if I have to adjust hop values added on the fly.
that aside, squeezing the Heading section is a good idea but, for me, the extra space would be to allow for moving the graphic to the right hand side - and making it bigger.

My other point of issue with the printout is the graphic in question.
My preference would be to be able to select one of the additional photos that are available from the original EDIT page of the recipe.
Maybe others, like me, design a label for the beer and I like to save that as one of the photos. Rather than print our avatar on the page - after all we should know who we are as brewers - our avatar seems pointless in that respect - the Label for the beer would make more sense (well it does to me).

I have produced a mock up below using a random recipe and a previously designed label - for a different beer as it happens but it is just as an example. I have a big book of recipes and at present have the associated label printed on a separate page - rather a waste and it would look better if the label was on the same page as the data.

I have suggested this before but it has seemingly been ignored - well swamped by other more favourable ideas perhaps.

upload_2019-10-29_12-35-35.png

Last edited:
@Yooper
Not sure if you read my two posts in this thread. If you haven't could you please and comment on my points? Similar to AHarper it seems like I am being ignored. I see no reason why various options can't be toggle able, avatar y/n, label design y/n, etc. If the "extra stuff" extends your print out to two pages, I guess that is an individual decision. I personally want to be able to print all relevant recipe data on one page.

I think that I am not alone in asking for a One Page print out for a recipe.

I have made overtures about moving on from Brewers Freind, and have recently taken up with Brewfather, but if things get worked out here I would just as soon stay. My membership is current until March. I won't be deciding until then.

Could you please comment on my comments?

@Yooper
Not sure if you read my two posts in this thread. If you haven't could you please and comment on my points? Similar to AHarper it seems like I am being ignored. I see no reason why various options can't be toggle able, avatar y/n, label design y/n, etc. If the "extra stuff" extends your print out to two pages, I guess that is an individual decision. I personally want to be able to print all relevant recipe data on one page.

I think that I am not alone in asking for a One Page print out for a recipe.

I have made overtures about moving on from Brewers Freind, and have recently taken up with Brewfather, but if things get worked out here I would just as soon stay. My membership is current until March. I won't be deciding until then.

Could you please comment on my comments?

Definitely NOT ignoring you, and reading every word.
We are changing up the print view with the avatar (as someone else said, "I know who I am!") and I just don't have any updates right now. I'll keep you posted. We love the suggestion about removing the avatar (or allowing it to be turned on or off), and using the label logo on the print screen.

Back