Recipe Editor NOT applying efficiency

dmcmillen

Trial Member
Reaction score
I am trying the recipe editor for the 1st time and it is not applying efficiency to the gravity calculations. It calculates the boil gravity correctly but at 100% and SG based on the boil off calculator applied to the boil gravity. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help!

nobody knows the efficiency but you so you put in the efficiency your self, start with 70% then when your beer is done you'll know the next time

I have the same issue. I am testing things out on a recipe that I imported from XML and it is not applying the efficiency to the OG. It is calculating it using 100% no matter what value I put in the efficiency box. I've already wasted 2 of my other available free slots just trying to figure this out. It seems to only be an issue with the recipe I imported. I copied one from the site and that one works.

I figured it out. The imported recipe did not have the check box for "Mashed" checked for any of the grains. Seems like that should be on by default but not a big deal now that I have figured out what's going on.

Back