Recipe Conversion - Metric to US - Some units miss auto conversion

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
When converting a recipe from a Metric one to a US version not all of the values are converted across automatically.

It is only in one area but something has gone wrong. The Unit descriptors are converted but the values are not in the Mash Guidelines. They DO get converted if you manually select the amount in the Guidelines and select Gallons from the drop down. It's not a big deal but all the other values in the recipe get converted as you change the initial UNITS value - just not these ones.
Everything else seems to work fine.
upload_2021-3-26_16-37-8.png

upload_2021-3-26_16-37-27.png

Additionally. When the, now converted, recipe is saved into the My Recipes section, the new Units are NOT reflected in the listing.

upload_2021-3-26_17-1-19.png

Thanks Alan, this doesn't happen in my account no matter what I set my settings to. But I was able to confirm by logging into your account. Submitting a ticket, but we'll need to explore further to figure out the cause.

Same issue here. I'm trying to brew the 'Diamond Chocolate Coffee Porter' with my settings in metric, but keep seeing gallons, pounds and fahrenheit!

Not sure what to do. Brew day tomorrow!

Same issue here. I'm trying to brew the 'Diamond Chocolate Coffee Porter' with my settings in metric, but keep seeing gallons, pounds and fahrenheit!

Not sure what to do. Brew day tomorrow!

@PoopyPantsBeerCompany, you mention your settings are set to metric but, you are seeing US units. So I suspect your problem is different from the one Alan describes. I ran into a problem the same or similar to yours when I was converting a recipe from Metric to US. Even after I changed all the ingredients to pounds and gallons it still showed the recipe info in kilograms and liters. After a few minutes I saw the units dropdown. Once I switched that to US units everything was fine.

upload_2021-9-3_14-3-59.png

I know it's been a few months since you posted your question. I hope this helps going forward.

Back