Ready to attempt our first BIAB session!

the best pitching temp should be as low as you can go like 60 or 65F for most ales

jeffpn said:
You sound like me when I started brewing. Here's another question I bet you don't know the answer. What was your starting gravity? :lol:

Hahaha! You thought you got me didn't ya?! We actually remembered to do that and it was 1.052 :mrgreen:

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
the best pitching temp should be as low as you can go like 60 or 65F for most ales

Ok. I'm sure the temp at which we pitched was below ~80* because the temp was 80* when it was still in the brew pot. Once I pored into the fermenting bucket and aerated for a minute or so, the temp probably dropped a few degrees.

I will know the next brew not to pitch yeast until temps are much lower. Thanks for your help :cool:

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here but it sure seems that this process is considerably more time consuming than extract brewing! I'm sure I must have ran across that tidbit of info somewhere when I was looking into doing BIAB but it obviously didn't 'stick' since it kinda took me by surprise.

Whatever - I'm excited about having my first taste of it! :ugeek:

Back