Random thought for the day

Thought 1 for today:
@Trialben : do you guys have flying ants sort of whenever it rains? And do you eat them?

Thought 2:
It gotta be a memorable day for a beginner home brewer to open the fridge and think: blimey, I only have commercial lager in here. Better I start brewing something decent again ;)
I actually had one of those days.

I thought after I was retired, I'd have more time for home brewing. NOPE! Between weather and honey-do's I got NO TIME.

Going to work is why the honey-do's piled up. Spent a lotta time on the road and away from home, and it's pretty amazing how many things you're willing to put off just to have a quiet weekend.

Thought 1 for today:
@Trialben : do you guys have flying ants sort of whenever it rains? And do you eat them?

Thought 2:
It gotta be a memorable day for a beginner home brewer to open the fridge and think: blimey, I only have commercial lager in here. Better I start brewing something decent again ;)
Yeah Termites more specifically Alates (reproductive Termites on colonising flight).
They launch on mass here usually first summer storms of the year the conditions are perfect for them being hot and humid after the rains.

No we don't eat them though lol
I've heard of this in Africa though they would be high protein but.

Thought:
It's raining, it's grey, there is thunder & lightning:
Is 2 pm too early to start sampling home brew?
Too much? too often? Maybe. But there's no such thing as too early.*

*GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery and may cause health problems.

Back