Ram Brewery, Indianapolis

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sitting here with a flight of Ram Brewery beers. Personal opinion Nosy, Ok. Excellent hefeweizen, blonde is Ok, amber and porter are quite nice. Avoid the IPA and pale ales-harshly bitter. Maibock is weird and not in a Good way. Scottish is thin. Glad I live in Denver!

Nosybear said:
Sitting here with a flight of Ram Brewery beers. Personal opinion Nosy, Ok. Excellent hefeweizen, blonde is Ok, amber and porter are quite nice. Avoid the IPA and pale ales-harshly bitter. Maibock is weird and not in a Good way. Scottish is thin. Glad I live in Denver!

I live in Indy, haven't been to Ram in a long time. We've got several much smaller craft breweries now; if you're ever in town again for whatever reason I can give you suggestions. I'm actually heading to Denver in July and would like to try out a few places; might get the chance to head up to Ft. Collins too, so I'd love to do New Belgium again.

A few places to visit in Denver:

- Dry Dock Brewery (actually in Aurora)
- Prost Brewing
- The Cheeky Monk
- Grimm Brothers Brewery (Loveland)
- Breckenridge Brewery

The possibilities are endless, actually. So many brewpubs, so little time.... Actually in the hotel (I was in the Omni), the bar had a number of good Indiana brews. I kept giving the Ram a second chance - the first beer I had there was their porter and it was quite nice. I can't guarantee a tour but if you'll let me know if you are visiting the Dry Dock or Prost, let me know. It's always nice to meet someone you correspond with here!

Cool, I'll see what my timing looks like. I have a meeting and then I'm heading to a Cubs/Rockies game when I'm there.

I'm sure the bar had Sun King, Flat 12, Triton, maybe Upland. The Broadripple area here has a few brewpubs, and there are a lot more bars catering more to the craft beer crowd, so there are a lot more diverse local and regional beers on tap now. My brother-in-law and I were thinking about doing an Indiana brewery tour over the course of a few days in the summer.
Went to New Belgium a couple years back and it was one of those really unseasonably warm weekends in mid-November when it was 75 and sunny. Of course, the next day was 30 and it snowed a foot.

Re the weather in November: Welcome to the High Plains. You get used to it after a few years.... :)) Shorts and parkas do go together here.

Back