Quick Water Requirements Calculator

aussiealchemist

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. For a while now I've noticed that the quick water requirements calculator (Recipe Tools drop down) gives an "equipment estimate" volume in brackets as well as another volume for some recipes. It appears that the "equipment estimate" is the more accurate of the two. For the IPA that I brewed yesterday the volume difference was 6L in a 60 L batch. Any explanation or help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alan (in Australia)

Last edited:
We are working on some of the volume things now along with getting ready to release the app. @Pricelessbrewing is much more well versed in this issue so he can more likely give a better explanation of this.

Hi. For a while now I've noticed that the quick water requirements calculator (Recipe Tools drop down) gives an "equipment estimate" volume in brackets as well as another volume for some recipes. It appears that the "equipment estimate" is the more accurate of the two. For the IPA that I brewed yesterday the volume difference was 6L in a 60 L batch. Any explanation or help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Alan (in Australia)
My apologies for the delay, I missed Yoopers ping on this reply, but basically what the difference is boils down to what you've entered into the recipe builder vs what your equipment profiles expects given the batch size.

Really the main difference is the result from your pre-boil, post-boil, and mash thickness. If you enable the pre-boil and post-boil "AUTO" setting, and use the QWR as the mash guidelines input instead of manually entering the volumes, all of those (##LKJF##) lines should go away and the recipe calculations should become more accurate as a result.

Back