Question about Lost Coast tangerine

dave althouse

Trial Member
Reaction score
This recipe is posted by Genus Brewing, it's a wheat beer. Looking at the recipe can't find where the addition of the flavor is found. Did a cherry wheat a while back and just added the cherry extract prior to bottling. This the same with this brew? Does not indicate, tried to find a way to contact the folks that posted, unable to find the way.

the recipe is in the brewers friend recipe database...lost coast tangerine

This recipe is posted by Genus Brewing, it's a wheat beer. Looking at the recipe can't find where the addition of the flavor is found. Did a cherry wheat a while back and just added the cherry extract prior to bottling. This the same with this brew? Does not indicate, tried to find a way to contact the folks that posted, unable to find the way.
You tried commenting on their YouTube channel maybe referr it to that recipie.

Found the recipe
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/539458/lost-coast-tangerine-wheat-ag

It doesn't list any fruit addition.
I'd add to fermentor if it's pasturised or sealed.

Last edited:
Yeah, so the question about that recipe is, what and when is the citrus addition? I just read a description from Lost Coast Brewing, and it “suggests” an addition of citrus. Could it be just the Cascade hops?

Certainly hops can add a good fruit flavor to a beer. Grapefruit is easy, tangerine is within the range.

I use dried tangerine peel in one of my hazys, that coupled with the right hops can go loooong way

I know it’s not in the recipe, but maybe use Mandarina Bavaria for all or part of the late addition? You’d definitely get a tangerine flavor.

Back