Printing a Recipe pulls in user profile information

AnokaBrewer

Premium Member
Reaction score
I found a recipe that I wanted to try. I pulled up the recipe in Brewer's Friend and went to print it.

When I print it, it pulls in one of my saved brewing profiles (RoboBrew) and makes adjustments and calculations to the recipe. I only wanted to print the recipe as I originally found it. Instead, I get a copy the recipe converted to metric. I have also tried this on the beta.brewersfriend.com site and I get the same results. Searching Printing in the forums yields nothing that is applicable in the title search.

Here is the recipe - https://www.brewersfriend.com/homeb...in-s-root-beer-non-alcoholic-keg-instructions

If I do not login to Brewer's Friend, I can print it OK. If I login, it will apply my RoboBrew profile, and it changes US to Metric (Metric is my default).

If I save the recipe to My Recipes, it will also put my logo into the recipe rather than the creator. It will also convert the printed recipe to metric, even if I am saving it in US gallons.

Attachments

• Zatarain's Root Beer - Non-Alcoholic, keg instructions with my logo, converted to Metric.pdf
    501.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Zatarain's Root Beer - Non-Alcoholic, keg instructions with RoboBrew Profile.pdf
    452.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Zatarain's Root Beer - Non-Alcoholic, keg instructions.pdf
    443.7 KB · Views: 74
You'll want to print right from the recipe itself.
Say you want to use this recipe:
upload_2022-6-26_16-42-40.png

Then click on it, and click print:
upload_2022-6-26_16-43-25.png

It will print as is:
upload_2022-6-26_16-43-54.png

In your example, I clicked the link, and got this:
upload_2022-6-26_16-47-38.png

I clicked 'print' and got this:

upload_2022-6-26_16-46-3.png

And the print is:
upload_2022-6-26_16-49-1.png

I am not kcpup, and was able to print his/her recipe with no issue. Can you explain the steps you took that you can't do this?

Thanks. I just click on the link to the recipe, in this case the rootbeer recipe from kcpup. When I select Print, it puts in my beer profile and the notes in the bottom that I use metric and it converts everything to metric in the notes on the bottom.

The only time that it comes out with just the original recipe, is if I am not logged in to Brewer's Friend.

RoboBrew is my current selected equipment profile and metric by default in my Profile Settings.

I just went and searched another recipe, https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/61082/mango-habanero-ipa. I verified that it is in US units. I then chose to Print, and it the changes the notes at the bottom to metric. (see attached photo). I do not notice the RoboBrew profile note at the bottom though.

I looked up another recipe, https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/print/363082. When I print this one, it not only changes the notes to metric, it puts RoboBrew profile listed in Quick Water Requirements.

Attachments

• Avg Perfect Northeast IPA - RoboBrew profile listed in Quick Water Requirements.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • Mango Habernera IPA.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

Back