primary for 4.5 weeks?

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
It should be alright to leave a beer in the pimrary for over 4 weeks, right?

i'm itching to brew. but i've been planning on leaving town and not being able to attend to anything while i'm away. But i figured i'd brew a batch tomorrow, leave it in some glass, come back and bottle it. I can't imagine anything will go wrong??

I'd be more worried about temperature being maintained while I'm not here or having a blowout than I would be about anything related to autolysis.

it's in a temp controlled freezer unit. so, barring any power outages, i feel like going for it.

Happy Holiday's and fresh beer when you get home? Can't beat that!

Head First said:
Happy Holiday's and fresh beer when you get home? Can't beat that!

Cheers to that.

talking out loud here, my partner is too caught up with real life, i'm mashing as i type this. Running a bit high. Timer says 39 min left, and i've had the burner off the whole time, and now moved the kettle off to different spot with the lid on. See if that keeps temp down around 150 a little better, instead of 160... Brewing a (hopefully) 10% belgian tonight.

if anyone reads this, it's too late.

but, didn't want to start a new thread, if hop pellet dust is getting stuck to my little plastic bowl container that i measure them in, is there a good way to get that into the boil? just i rinse with a few drops of water and chuck it into the boil?

Either that or dip it into the wort a bit to rinse it off.
But I don't think a bit of dust will make or break the recipe, unless you're doing a really small batch

And now it's' time for....

RDWHAHB. Hop dust is below the measurement error of your scale, likely. And a four-week primary will merely save you the trouble of racking to secondary. Remembering back on the obsess-over-every-detail days, I appreciate where you're coming from but a couple tenths of a gram aren't important, nor is the time your beer sits on its yeast cake as long as you don't leave it for months. Relax, guys! We do this for fun!

Back