Pouring issue with 1 keg?

Hawkbox

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first real post and I'm hoping the accumulated wisdom here can help me.

There's something fucky with one of my kegs, the liquid flow is miniscule and if I dial up the pressure it goes foam on me. I've pulled it apart and looked, there's no blockages or anything and I even replaced the poppet in the post in case that was it. I'm at a loss as to what is going on with it. My other 3 kegs pour normally so it's not the tap or gas supply.

It's not a complicated setup so I'm completely baffled. It's a long tube with a plug at one end, how the hell can't I find a blockage in it?

Any ideas?

I've had this happen once, but it was due to some hop debris that made it through to the keg. Are you sure the dip tube is clear? They make a long skinny brush that I use all the time to clean out the long dip tube.

I've only eyeballed it and it looked perfectly clean but I could be wrong. I force carbonate at around 45psi so I would have expected something like that to get blown out at the pressure but I could be wrong. I have to go do motorbike support at a triathlon for the next day and a half so I'll depressure and check it saturday afternoon.

Thanks for the ideas guys. It's a start.

Take your disconnect apart, it's likely there

I sure do hate a fucky keg lol:D.

Connect gas to liquid side to blow out gunk if there?

It could be over carbed as well at 45 psi thats a high force carb pressure:rolleyes: it can take some time to decarb if over carbbed.
Disconnect gas line and just pour beer of keg pressure that will deflate if thats the case.
Good luck:).

To add detail, this is the second batch I've put in this keg that does this. The tube is clear to look through, I swapped the post with another keg that had beer in it and it pours without issue. There's something with this keg/post. I'm extremely confused.

The carb pressure isn't the issue, if I run 8psi which about what I usually run it comes out barely a trickle. If I bump it up to 12 or so it starts foaming like crazy. Two completely different beers after cleaning and sanitizing the keg are doing the same thing.

Well I'll be damned, I pulled 2 lines out of the 2 tanks and compared them and they weren't the same length. So I cut 1/8" off the line in the problem tank and that seems to have sorted it out. I must have somehow mixed up lines somewhere along the way. :facepalm:

Back