Possible allergy question

GPA

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who likes beer, but says anytime he has more than one , he wakes up the next day feeling bloated and well has the runs and bad gas .
He has no food allergies and is ok with gluten. Any thoughts on what could cause this ?

wheat does this to me, also try no sugar at all, he may be drinking yeast and eating too much sugar which leads to yeast fermenting in the intestine and causing what your describing

Reactions: GPA
Yeah, yeast can cause distress to some people. My brother had issues with yeast building up in his gut after antibiotics had killed off all the probiotics inside him. He was instructed to eat a lot of yogurt and cut back on sugars and starches for a while.

I have a friend who likes beer, but says anytime he has more than one , he wakes up the next day feeling bloated and well has the runs and bad gas .
He has no food allergies and is ok with gluten. Any thoughts on what could cause this ?
Complex carbohydrates (dextrines). Same effect as eating beans. That stuff is indigestible by us but the bacteria in your intestines just love it. They eat it up, release nutrients we CAN absorb, fart and the aggregate of all those bacterial farts is the mammalian ones your friend is talking about. Could be the yeast but the carbs are more likely.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I will see if he has any input on this,for now he said he is sticking to Crown Royal lol , he is a good friend and I thought maybe I could brew something he could drink.

so first don't use US05 for his beer, its good yeast but slow to drop out of suspension. Use Nottingham it will work just as good but needs to be fermented at 60 to 62 to keep the same clean taste

Hay GPA maybe try that low carb white labs product that JMcnamara is putting in his beer for his diabetic mate this should reduce carbohydrate content of the beer and maybe make it more digestible for your mate. I get this trouble too sometimes after consuming a couple of liters of my homebrew heaps of gas next day and depending on what I've eaten bloated tummy I know where he's coming from. I think it's what you eat whilst consuming the homebrew as we know them yeasties are still most likely gunna be in there. It's strange the enzymes and acids in our stomachs doesn't kill the yeasties? I know our body temperature would grow the yeast real quick though:eek:

also if you do a long cold crash with the beer it helps like 3 weeks at 34f without touching it, drinking green beer always give me gas

Great ideas guys i will look into this maybe work up some small batches , it'll give me a chance to work on some flavors and come up with a bangin low carb brew .
Oz so far the Wifey only lets me chill what I drink lol. 4 teenage boys not much room in there. I have a small fridge on the wishlist and gathering parts for a chamber so some cold crashes will be in the near future . Now to find out what JMcnamara uses.

Back