Which version do you think best fits the American Stout Category

• Am Stout (comp) V1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texas Ale Works

Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a dream last night changed a few things up and made a different recipe for the AM Stout the new one is more American Hop focused so I am setting up a poll, I really want to brew Sunday, so I have to go buy the stuffs NLT than Saturday.

Am Stout (comp) V1

Ale-Obscura

No choice is always a choice
thanks for the input

added Other as a choice

IMO an American stout is a APA with dark roasted malts.I like some dark crystal in mine.

Looks tasty!

Keep us posted.

Ok, link edited with the actual stuff I got, all of it is by the same (Maltster Proximity) even though the flaked Barley still says Briess.

The Magnum hops came in under what I thought they would be and the Willamette were a bit over....

Upped, on paper, the Magnum addition, and it puts me just under 50 IBU with most of that coming fromthe Magnum, I am not sure they will come through, but I still fill like that is 5 IBU too much...but we are going to brew it anyway...after all it is "American" and that means way to hoppy accoring to most every other civilized nation

Edit: Moved a 30 min cascade to 15 min and like the IBU range much better

Tim

Last edited:
image.jpg

And off we go

Looks really light in color right now...

But I still have 3/4 pound of chocolate malt to add
Late addition shooting for 30min before mash complete

I had been using way too much water by like 3/4 to a whole gallon more than i thought, I took the time yesterday to mark my water vessels, and found out....so my numbers might get a bit higher than predicted, but if its a bit bigger that is fine, 30 min into the mash I am at 1.040 with an expected 1.043 after mashing, and I still have the chocolate to add

Back