PLEASE NO POLITICS, but do you vote?

@Trialben interesting! I never knew that.

Another voter here!
Yep crazy how different countries do it. I'm guessing youd feel different about voting If it's something you wanted to do vs maybe had to do. I guess that's why the marijuana party and sex party get a few votes in Aus young kids tick them against the major parties cuz they dont care I was one of them:p.

Seems silly to reply to my own post, just wanted to add that if you choose not to vote, I respect that.

Like the Rush song says "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!". I'm also fond of the saying "If you don't vote, you can't complain!", because if you choose not to vote, you are really just voting for whatever you wind up with.

Like the Rush song says "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!". I'm also fond of the saying "If you don't vote, you can't complain!", because if you choose not to vote, you are really just voting for whatever you wind up with.
Very true!

@Trialben is marijuana legal there?

Very true!

@Trialben is marijuana legal there?
Not in Queensland but I'm sure in South Australia your allowd two plants for personal use and I think in the Australian Capital Territory I'm sure you can grow.
I'm sure one day it will.
I know we grow a fair swag of medical marijuana here on Sunshine Coast but where is kept under wraps.:)

Yup. It always pisses me off when some idiot complains about who won an election and and then says that's why they don't vote :)

Not in Queensland but I'm sure in South Australia your allowd two plants for personal use and I think in the Australian Capital Territory I'm sure you can grow.
I'm sure one day it will.
I know we grow a fair swag of medical marijuana here on Sunshine Coast but where is kept under wraps.:)
It's on the ballot in Montana this year. Was just for medical before. Will be open for recreational if it passes. Will be allowed to grow some of your own too.

It's on the ballot in Montana this year. Was just for medical before. Will be open for recreational if it passes. Will be allowed to grow some of your own too.
We've had recreational pot for years. So far, the sky hasn't fallen, dogs and cats are not lying down together, we haven't had a tsunami of stoners attempting to foist their addled wares on our children.... What we have is lower taxes because we are taxing pot, lower spending because we're not jailing and prosecuting low-level drug offenses, controlled sales in shops, lower crime related to pot, a FEW cases of driving while stoned, and the right to be the butt of a lot of pot jokes from less fortunate states.

All things considered, it's been a win for Colorado.

I've been somewhat disillusioned by the American system for quite some time but I still vote in most elections except primaries (I'm not registered as R or D so there's nothing for me to vote on in primaries). I guess I like to believe in lost causes, after all I am a Sabres fan...:D

We've had recreational pot for years. So far, the sky hasn't fallen, dogs and cats are not lying down together, we haven't had a tsunami of stoners attempting to foist their addled wares on our children.... What we have is lower taxes because we are taxing pot, lower spending because we're not jailing and prosecuting low-level drug offenses, controlled sales in shops, lower crime related to pot, a FEW cases of driving while stoned, and the right to be the butt of a lot of pot jokes from less fortunate states.

All things considered, it's been a win for Colorado.
Sounds like Portugal they legalised drugs and cut out a lot of crap in their society.

Sounds like Portugal they legalised drugs and cut out a lot of crap in their society.
Not to get political but treating drug addiction as a public health matter instead of a criminal justice one seems like it typically works out better for all involved.

Kind of like dreaming about what to do with lottery winnings when you don't buy tickets...

Well that explains why I haven't won the lottery yet!

Actually I have bought in on a handful. Whenever the jackpot got to be huge one guy at work would go around collecting for a group buy. I knew it was equivalent to putting a match to my money but, I figure if I didn't get in on it, and they wound up winning :confused:...well lets just say I considered that $10 as life insurance :p

I try to vote in the Dutch parlementary elections. Not the provincial as I don't know enough about what happens on that level. Can't vote in local elections as I am not a resident.
It's difficult though with unreliable mail and no embassy here.
I used to authorise (if that's the right word) my dad to vote on my behalf, but his health is no longer good enough to do so.
So in short: I try
(And marihuana for own use is allowed in Holland for as long as I can remember, and longer)

Vote for Pedro

Attachments

• FCD3CDE9-D9AB-4EB9-BF9C-95942CBF553A.jpeg
    FCD3CDE9-D9AB-4EB9-BF9C-95942CBF553A.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 77
Sometimes ya just gotta laugh.
The wife took our ballots to the drop box at the courthouse and to drop off mine there she had to fill out and sign a form. She could have took them to the post office and just dropped them in the mail drop box:confused:o_O.
But none the less we voted!

Back