Please ban...

sbaclimber

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
... cafelinhchi
Whoever this "person" is, is just copying content off other sites and reposting it as their own, with added spam links, on the forums here. This behavior cannot be in compliance with the terms of service and is starting to get really annoying.

One example:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2526 ...is copied from here: http://forums.morebeer.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41104

The other post from yesterday was caught by someone else and has already been removed, which is good, but has obviously not prevented cafelinhchi from posting again.

Thanks in advance!

BTW, this is a long known spammer: http://www.snooth.com/talk/topic/cafeli ... -the-acct/

PS, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this post.

EDIT/PPS, the post I referenced above, along with my response to it have been removed. I don't have any problem with my response being nuked....as long as cafelinhchi will no longer be able to post.

This is the first forum I've ever followed (not that I've followed many) where spammers aren't banned. I don't get it.

Might want to send it directly in a private message (I'm assuming we have that function here; every other board has it) to that Austin guy, just in case he doesn't see it here.

No private message feature on this board.

Oh well, not surprised really. There's another thing this forum is missing then.

There is a contact form, which I assume lands directly by Austin.
If he doesn't respond here, I'll send him a message there too.

Ive been keeping up with spam on a daily bases but nobody can ban a user except the actual forum admin, me and 4 or 5 others are just moderators so anyone with their name highlighted in red can ban or delete users

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
Ive been keeping up with spam on a daily bass...

Thank you (and the others) for that!
I have been active for years on a number of forums (mostly climbing related) and mod on at least one, so I know what it is like (I can also tell stories about personality conflicts, but that is a whole other cluster-f :roll: ).
If you happen to have a direct line to Austin, please encourage him to get rid of cafelinhchi. I am not sure what the backend capabilities are here, but blocking by IP is fairly standard nowdays...

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
Ive been keeping up with spam on a daily bases but nobody can ban a user except the actual forum admin, me and 4 or 5 others are just moderators so anyone with their name highlighted in red can ban or delete users
I didn't know that. Please excuse my earlier thinking that this board wasn't moderated. But, in my defense, I can't tell who's a mod...the board is missing that feature as well! ;-)

He's not a mod. He's a member with privileges! :lol:

Hi guys, I apologize for the lack of admin support lately. Austin is unfortunately no longer working with us, so we're working to get caught up and backfill his responsibilities, e.g. moderation, etc. Anyhow, I've banned the user listed above now. Thanks for reporting!

Josh (Brewer's Friend) said:
Hi guys, I apologize for the lack of admin support lately. Austin is unfortunately no longer working with us, so we're working to get caught up and backfill his responsibilities, e.g. moderation, etc. Anyhow, I've banned the user listed above now. Thanks for reporting!
Thank you!

Back