Pitch Rate Calculator

Geezer

Trial Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the pitch rate calculator here on Brewers Friend? Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it seems to be a little wonky. Seems that whatever gravity I enter, the cell quantity remains unchanged. Even when I input 1.00. Seems that can't be right.

Geezer said:
Has anyone had any luck with the pitch rate calculator here on Brewers Friend? Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it seems to be a little wonky. Seems that whatever gravity I enter, the cell quantity remains unchanged. Even when I input 1.00. Seems that can't be right.

What did you enter? Is the 1.00 gravity for calculating the cells needed (i.e. gravity of the beer wort) or the expected cell growth (i.e. gravity of the starter wort)?

Kai

If you are making a starter, make sure to click the 'grab from above' button so it pulls in the cell count from the first part.

You might also try it in a different browser? We tested it on latest versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, so it should work everywhere, but it might not work in an older browser - say IE 7 which we don't officially support.

Anti-virus software might also be interfering with the JavaScript.

Back