Pictures not availble in posts

you need to use the upload picture rather than copy and past and it should work

in your case it might be your pc or security software but in most cases you can click use bbc code editor and move the picture around
it looks like this but if you delete the picture sometimes this remains and your get a lumbnail instead so you should go back and delete this line before uploading a new one

''View attachment 3802''

Thanks Oz I still think you're confused though. I am not having trouble posting pictures or seen pictures that I posted. Only trouble is seeing pictures like in the example post that I provided the link for. I can see most pictures that people post.

In the link I provided above do you see a picture in the very first post number one.

I see a picture in the very first post. Looks like a lake of goo.

LOL

I'm guessing sloppy copy and paste from another image hosting site and you're seeing part of the html.

anytime you have IMG[] the picture was copied and pasted from an outside site, that does not work any more it did at one time any time you see an icon its from a deleted picture, posting a link will not show a picture either it has to be uploaded to show in the post as an attachment, you going to have to be a little more specific other than those issues

That makes sense thunderwagn, I think you might be right.

Ha, lake of goo

But... - Like I said. I see the image. Windows 10 - Edge.

I don't think it's a broken link. It is working now that I am on my phone, which I didn't try today ( I was on a work pc, windows 10 and Google Chrome).

Perhaps it is just a security thing or browser.

Not a big deal, just figured I would ask.

the links outside this website are not this site issues, it would be your pc or network or the server the picture is on, a lot of people share pictures from drop boxes or other storage sites and they no longer allow spanning images to other sites in most cases and those posts are getting the image[] in its place

Yes, probably my computer at work not allowing the external link to work.

Thanks for the help everyone

I'd consider this solved

@sn00ky work computer is my guess also. We have so much security and filters on our work computers, code gets wonky on a lot of sites.
On the topic of photo's on this site. I have to use a photo resizer app and my phone to upload all my pics. Not a very friendly process at all.

Last edited:
I use the same app actually, it works better than taking pictures from a distance then cropping them though!

Back