Phosphoric addition stuck at 10%

Brewer #284297

Premium Member
Reaction score
I use 85% phosphoric acid. Until recently in the water calculator I would update my acid additions and change the strength to 85% from the default 10%. Now the acid addition never saves and is stuck at 10%. The water calculator reflects the new pH but when I go back into the recipe the pH reflects a 10% addition not 85%. Has something changed?

I've put an issue in with the developer on this- we did change it so users could add their % of all acids.
@Pricelessbrewing Can you ensure that this issue is given priority?

For now, make sure you have phosphoric acid in your inventory with the proper %, so it will always pull the 85% if that is the one you have.

Here:
upload_2022-4-23_15-45-37-png.20388

For now, make sure you have phosphoric acid in your inventory with the proper %, so it will always pull the 85% if that is the one you have.

Here:
upload_2022-4-23_15-45-37-png.20388

Same issue for me, Ive added a custom inventory item at 85% concentration, however when making a recipe and switching between 2.5ml @ 10% or 2.5ml @ 85%, the mash pH doesn't change... guessing the 85% is not being applied correctly?

Same issue for me, Ive added a custom inventory item at 85% concentration, however when making a recipe and switching between 2.5ml @ 10% or 2.5ml @ 85%, the mash pH doesn't change... guessing the 85% is not being applied correctly?

I've tagged the developer on this to see if we can prioritize getting this worked out.

Oh good. I thought I was losing my mind.

I'm having the same issue and was going to report it. Even when I use the water calculator, the recipe overrides to 10% and ignores the pH from the calculator. If I hit the edit button to go back to the water calculator, the acid has been changed there to 10%

I'm having the same issue and was going to report it. Even when I use the water calculator, the recipe overrides to 10% and ignores the pH from the calculator. If I hit the edit button to go back to the water calculator, the acid has been changed there to 10%

We're fixing this now- I'll keep you posted!

There's been some progress, but still having a small issue. Hoping for a release early this week!

Just throwing in my £0.02 on this being a big issue for me. Looks like a fix is in progress so look forward to it rolling out. Love Brewer's Friend BTW :)

Just throwing in my £0.02 on this being a big issue for me. Looks like a fix is in progress so look forward to it rolling out. Love Brewer's Friend BTW :)
We're working on it still! Developer is actively making changes as I type this, just need to double check that it gets fixed afterwards. Look
for an update soon!

Thanks, it's not a show stopper for me. I just need to remember to change any auto-calculated acid amounts if I happen to notice.

@Grey Cat Brewing @oli@watts.fm @z-bob @Balrog @MeemoNZ @brewer284297

This should be fixed, for the most part now, changes in concentration that are saved in inventory ingredients carry through to the recipe as expected, and any custom concentrations in the recipe builder pull into the water chemistry linked calculation. However, if you change the concentration within the water chemistry page, those changes do NOT pull backwards into the recipe builder.

Recipe Builder -> water chemistry (works)
Water chemistry changed concentration -> Recipe builder (does not work atm, resets to the recipe builder concentration when reloaded).

@Grey Cat Brewing @oli@watts.fm @z-bob @Balrog @MeemoNZ @brewer284297

This should be fixed, for the most part now, changes in concentration that are saved in inventory ingredients carry through to the recipe as expected, and any custom concentrations in the recipe builder pull into the water chemistry linked calculation. However, if you change the concentration within the water chemistry page, those changes do NOT pull backwards into the recipe builder.

Recipe Builder -> water chemistry (works)
Water chemistry changed concentration -> Recipe builder (does not work atm, resets to the recipe builder concentration when reloaded).

Sincere apologies for not checking back here, but with the acid concentration addition in recipe builder everything will be great. Thanks for the changes.
Joseph

Back