Personalized recipe templates

Buck916

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there already a way to do this? Am I missing it?
Yes, we can set up profiles for typical batch sizes, but what about typical ingredients?
Can I set up a template for new recipes that automatically includes typical components like Campden tablet prior to mash (with brewing salts), yeast nutrient addition, and whirlfloc tablet?

Yes, we can set up profiles for typical batch sizes, but what about typical ingredients?
Can I set up a template for new recipes that automatically includes typical components like Campden tablet prior to mash (with brewing salts), yeast nutrient addition, and whirlfloc tablet?
I think you can take an existing recipe and copy/clone it then use that as a starting point. I do that all the time on my site.

That's exactly what I do. There's a bunch of stuff in my basic template recipe, I make a copy and I just delete what I'm not gonna use that time, then add in the few new things that do go in, and save it under a new name

What you can do is add all of your standard ingredients to your inventory, then set a "default amount" this will then preload with those ingredients in any new recipes that you create.

This is what I have mine set to, not because I necessarily use centenniel in all of my recipes but I almost always have a 60 minute boil addition so then I just need to change the hop name, or that I always use those amounts of water agents but I have them all set to 1 g because it's easier to just change the amounts than to add each one when I do need them.

upload_2023-9-18_20-15-17.png

What you can do is add all of your standard ingredients to your inventory, then set a "default amount" this will then preload with those ingredients in any new recipes that you create.

This is what I have mine set to, not because I necessarily use centenniel in all of my recipes but I almost always have a 60 minute boil addition so then I just need to change the hop name, or that I always use those amounts of water agents but I have them all set to 1 g because it's easier to just change the amounts than to add each one when I do need them.

View attachment 26673

Extremely handy!

Back