Only fill their own growlers?

um....@OMB et. al., not sure how I missed it, but the OP was either hacked or is the spammer, but the first post in this thread is now full of SPAM.

PS, never mind, just used the "report" funktion ;)

That post was edited way back on February 22. Spam is not a priority here.

Some states have laws that say the container must say the name of the company that made the beer. Hence only filling growlers from your own brewery. However at least in some places you can get around that by putting a sticker or hang tag on the bottle. Just depends on how strict the local laws are. It would get expensive and cluttered to have a growler from every brewery you might go to.
Someone jokingly mentioned going to the gas station and filling a growler. I have in fact done that.

Yup. A friend of mine told me just last night that there’s a gas station near his house that has 40 taps. I’ll have to see how many there are.

o_O? Seriously? A gas station? That's amazing.

When I work in town, I go through there quite often. I’ll grab a picture next time I’m there.

At least in Tennessee its apparently not a new thing to get a growler fill at a gas station. An older guy I used to work with told me about how him and his friends would go to the gas station and get a couple 1 gallon jugs similar to a milk jug filled with draft beer and drive around drinking them. Of course that was just bud or miller and now you'd get in a lot more trouble if caught doing that.
The gas stations I've gotten growlers at had anywhere from 5-15 taps. Mostly local stuff and beers from the bigger craft breweries, Brooklyn Beer, Sam Adams, etc.

Beer taps in gas stations .......... ...................we just don't have those in Western Canada!!

You people know how to brew beer and you still leave the house? You go to gas stations? You guys have way too many aspirations. Home, beer, people to bring me ingredients and food, online banking, sugar momma...I'll just keep waiting here for my dirt nap.

Last edited:
Reactions: J A
all i can say is surely the local craft beer joints would rather people come to their establishments to fill up on beer not fuel stations(gas stations)...

As I understand it, some of the taps in the gas station are local craft beers. They’re probably happy to sell to anybody.

it aint a thing here so really dont know i know id be tempted if i could fill up the car and on beer at same time!

it aint a thing here so really dont know i know id be tempted if i could fill up the car and on beer at same time!
Nor here and I thought Colorado was advanced when it comes to beer sales!

Colorado is advanced in other sales...

Back