One year anniversary

My complaints about California revolve around taxes and government.
But weather, scenery, etc. almost make it worth the cost.

My complaints about California revolve around taxes and government.
But weather, scenery, etc. almost make it worth the cost.
Taxes are high. It's just too expensive. We couldn't find a crappy little efficiency apartment that we could afford in California, yet we're able to buy a house in Indiana.

Taxes are high. It's just too expensive. We couldn't find a crappy little efficiency apartment that we could afford in California, yet we're able to buy a house in Indiana.
I get it. Of course, in all fairness most of Cali doesn't get snow. :D

I grew up near Seattle, getting that way there too. What costs $600k there we can buy for $240k here(Missouri)

Another reason to like Indiana: number ten on the list of top 12 friendliest states to live in.
Screenshot_20220527-092610.png

Cali...nice place to visit....you know the rest! But I'd like to see what the North looks like. I've been told that's why it's called the Golden State....

I’ve only been as far as Mendocino. It’s beautiful rugged coast. Give Cali credit for not allowing it to be developed. I think the Golden State nickname comes from the gold rush.

<Insert any where else> is so much better than California. :D

It is pretty there, too bad the government is so bad there
Funny thing, as a lifelong Californian, I could say the same about the governments of many other states. But this is not a political forum, so I won’t dump that kind of crap here.

“California dreaming on a beach with you", who said that? lol

Funny thing, as a lifelong Californian, I could say the same about the governments of many other states. But this is not a political forum, so I won’t dump that kind of crap here.
It isn't just this state or that state: all governments have their bad parts, just as they all have their good parts. In the long run, the people get what they ask for.

That we have 50 or so choices is what makes this experiment so fascinating.

It isn't just this state or that state: all governments have their bad parts, just as they all have their good parts. In the long run, the people get what they ask for.

Well stated Don.

Indiana is a nice state - bit too flat for my living tastes (at least around Atterbury) but I've been there several times and would certainly go back! Glad you are happy!

I'm well past raising a family, but nice to know: Fort Wayne almost made the top 100 cities to raise a family in.
Screenshot_20220601-103407.png

A few extra than we have in Aus oh and we got Territories.
I don't know how you keep up over there with all them different states:eek:.

Back