Old bottles?

Discussion in 'Brewing Photos & Videos' started by Alan J, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Alan J

Alan J New Member

An old timer gave me 2 cases of old Budweiser bottles today. I was wondering if anyone has seen these before? They are so unique I would like to use them for bottling and not give any of them away, or maybe sell them if they are worth something. One case contains all the six pack holders and bottles with out labels in the original Budweiser cardboard case. The other 24 are in an old Olympia cardboard case.

Attached Files:

2. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    May not be capable, looks like the capper might not work, no lower ridge. an overhead capper will work

3. Smitty27

Smitty27 Member

Nice bottles! Are there any dates, numbers or markings anywhere? They should be marked with something that will tell you the date which might give you some more information about the bottles.

4. Alan J

Alan J New Member

I tried a bench capper and it worked fine. There is a 15 & 64 cast into the bottom and some other mark I can't remember. I'm not near the bottles right now to look. I searched and could find some images and one on E bay but no history. The design of the label on the carrier proves it's newer than 1960 and older than 1980. The E bay bottle has a buy now price around $11.00.

5. Alan J

Alan J New Member

Photo of the bottom. Maybe from 1964? I'm 52 and don't remember these bottles, although when I was young Bud was out of my price range.

Attached Files: