NZ beer Monteiths American pale ale

All tongue in cheek mate , I have been to NZ a few times and enjoyed myself the first time but the next trips were all work related after the earthquake so not fun at all .
You do make some very nice malts though , had some decent beers there but not near the standard I find here and nowhere near the US quality

First off, we are not your cuzzy bros. and can you please explain this obsession that aussies have with sheep? I certainly haven't seen any of it around here.

Have you ever been over to try any of our craft beer?

I have tried a lot of your beer, not very impressive.
Gentlemen, please keep it good-natured....

(we in Colorado tend to feel the same way about Texas, only there it's steers)

I can get Monteiths beer in some supermarkets and tried them all, but they are not good. Not even decent for the asked price.

Are they better in the home land or is it the same beer?
It is (probably) the same beer, but I definitely wouldn't put too much stock in anything that has left the country. I am talking ~10yrs ago, but Monteiths (along with Macs, and Speights "craft" line, and, and, and...) could be really good fresh and in country, but even that could be hit and miss at times. I wouldn't bother trying it out of country, unless I was sure of "freshness".

(we in Colorado tend to feel the same way about Texas, only there it's steers)
Hah! Coming from the east coast I never knew about this until I spent a winter in CO in '97, but as I learned, it is so true. :p

Back