Northeast Illinois Brewer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bwestfall, Dec 28, 2016.

1. bwestfall

bwestfall New Member

Hi all, been brewing for just about 6 years now. Started with extract on the stove like 99% of us. Was pretty quickly kicked out of the kitchen to a propane burner in the garage. Realized that brewing in January in Northern IL is not so much fun. Spent the next year building an all electric brewery in my basement and haven't looked back since.

Found this site due to the yeast starter calculator. Planning a Czech Pils tomorrow and I am doing an experiment with old saved yeast vs. new yeast. Using 2124 for an 11g batch split in half. 5.5g gets the new yeast, 5.5g gets the old yeast. Both have been grown to proper pitch rates and have had cell counts done. I performed the counts and came up well above expected according to yeastcal.com. The Bruakaiser method was right on with my cell count.

2. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    Sounds like a plan bwestfall and welcome to the forum let us know how she goes;)

3. Ozarks Mountain Brew

Staff Member

IT Managment
    welcome, glad yo have you,I'm sure you'll use the recipe builder to further your exploration in this great hobby, good luck with your brews