No sound on Windows RT or Chromebook

JimFisher

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have not tried this on a standard Win10/7 system, but in my brewery, I use either a Win RT or Chromebook. Neither gives a chime when the timers run out. Sound works on everything else.

I'm a computer tech so know my way around but I've checked the obvious causes to no avail. Does BF simply not support those OS's or am I missing something stupid?

I never used a chromebook, so I'm not sure what's going on. Let me run this by the developer (or if anybody else can chime in who uses a chromebook), and see what's up. Sorry for your issue.

I found the problem: I am old. I had a jamming stereo in my car when I was young. I can't hear high pitched noises unless I put my ear right next to the speaker. I just tried it on my big home computer with the volume all the way up and could just pick out the sound if I turned my head the right way. Damn.

This is a pretty common problem with age 50+ people (and those with hearing loss) so it would be cool if that could be changed to something with a lower frequency.

I hear ya, try over 50 with tinnitus, needles to say I say huh allot lol

Back